Does anyone know what this is for ?

Reaction score
Stupid question really I think ... we all know that static cling sheets are used to protect sensitive surfaces like screens etc but I noticed this on my new P4 and can't think of why DJI put it there. My curiosity got the better of me, so here I am. It's a small clear sheet stuck to the bottom of the gimbal with a small tab to grab it ?

5u1s82.jpg

Should not be in that position, must have come off one of the components that have them installed which are typically the lens, sensors, buttons, etc. Based off the look of that sheet I would suspect it would have come off a sensor...no need to worry.

No I have it on mine as well.It fits perfectly on the gimbal mount in exactly the same position with the pull tab sticking out neatly as well so it can't have fallen off something else. No idea why DJI chose to put it there unless it's to prevent scratching during assembly.

Reactions: Travels with Yoly
It's on mine too and wondered why; doesn't seem to have a purpose other than protection of some sort. It's a pain in the butt to get off.

I probably voided the warranty...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Was on mine too, just a protective cover for no apparent reason it seems.

Wow ! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a bit confused by this little item. Since it has a little "pull tab" which to me seems to indicate that we should remove it, that's what I shall do. I don't remember one there on my P3A. It does seem that it was meant to be there as it has a perfectly matching radius to the gimbal. Thank you all for your input :)

Reactions: Sunnaroe
Remove it.

This is simply there to protect the surface from scratches or other minor cosmetic damage during manufacture and assembly. It is very very common in manufacturing.

Not a mistake it was left on... this too is quite common -- leave it there for the customer to remove, as it continues to protect.

Reactions: Ty Durden
Well I took mine off and went for a test flight. When I got to 400' an alarm started sounding. I hadn't heard it before so I looked at the screen to find a timer counting down from 5. An inter-dimensional vortex opened just above my P4. There was a white streak and a flash of light and then everything was silent. Last night I received a transmission from Andromeda. They Rick Rolled me...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Was on mine as well and I removed it. Another question: Do people replace the foam piece that supports the gimbal after every flight or is the gimbal lock all that is necessary?

Was on mine as well and I removed it. Another question: Do people replace the foam piece that supports the gimbal after every flight or is the gimbal lock all that is necessary?

Gimbal Lock is all that is necessary. No need to replace the foam piece from factory unless you want...

I just purchased my P4 on 12/23/16 and it had this exact protective sticker. Oddly enough, I never had a protective film over the camera lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart