Does anyone have experience with video caption?

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Advanced with iPhone 6 plus:
I made the mistake of turning on "video caption" to see what would happen. Now it won't allow me to shut it off. And it may be the cause of other issues that I am having with my FPV.
What is its purpose and how does it work? If it works at all?

Slim - Make sure you are connected to the bird when attempting to turn off captions. I wouldn't be surprised if like many other settings - they don't save unless you are connected to the bird. Also make sure you are not in the middle of a recording... I would guess that you cannot turn it off then either.

Slim - Make sure you are connected to the bird when attempting to turn off captions. I wouldn't be surprised if like many other settings - they don't save unless you are connected to the bird. Also make sure you are not in the middle of a recording... I would guess that you cannot turn it off then either.
Thanks Joe - I do think I was recording when I attempted turn that option "off", so I will try that next time I'm powered up. Sometimes the option is greyed out and you can't slide the button either way regardless of its current state. That is probably when it is in record mode as you suggest.

Restart your phantom and may be it will help.
video caption affects live view (IMHO)
Fact - video is not playing back smoothly thru VLC + all that text.

I have only 6 flights with my P3--I'm trying to familiarize myself with all of the options so please excuse my ignorance. What are CAPTIONS?

I thought this option would force the video to record the telemetry data (sort of a screen capture of my pilot app) but I've tried turning CAPTIONS on and off and I don't see any difference.

What are the CAPTIONS?

I have only 6 flights with my P3--I'm trying to familiarize myself with all of the options so please excuse my ignorance. What are CAPTIONS?

I thought this option would force the video to record the telemetry data (sort of a screen capture of my pilot app) but I've tried turning CAPTIONS on and off and I don't see any difference.

What are the CAPTIONS?
You need to play the video using a player that supports captions. VLC is a popular one.

Got it. I see there is a "caption" file on the disk and I loaded it up and the display included GPS location, barometer, time, etc. These captions are not what I expected though...I was hoping for something that would capture the DJI GO app screen. I would like to capture the screen so I could see distances, etc during playback.

Is there anything that does that?

Got it. I see there is a "caption" file on the disk and I loaded it up and the display included GPS location, barometer, time, etc. These captions are not what I expected though...I was hoping for something that would capture the DJI GO app screen. I would like to capture the screen so I could see distances, etc during playback.

Is there anything that does that?
Yes use AZ Screen recorder app and it records a mirror of your tablet or smartphone screen. Like taking a screen shot only video. It easy to use.

Reactions: bmcgnh
Yes use AZ Screen recorder app and it records a mirror of your tablet or smartphone screen. Like taking a screen shot only video. It easy to use.
Thanks--I"m using either an iPhone or an iPad mini so unless I opt to jailbreak them I guess I'm out.

Thanks--I"m using either an iPhone or an iPad mini so unless I opt to jailbreak them I guess I'm out.
I seen people recording off ipad and iphone too. Just go to the apple app store and type "screen recorder" you will find many similar apps to AZ for iOS.

No
I seen people recording off ipad and iphone too. Just go to the apple app store and type "screen recorder" you will find many similar apps to AZ for iOS.
Not really, I have been looking for awhile and have not found one. Shou is supposed to work; however, it appears to not work with iOS 9 yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.