does anyone else polish their drone

Don't be upset, I just never thought someone will polish such drone already nice glossy looking. What would be the gain then, more seriously?
c40ddf4bdc3cb7fe5dd67f5375b1a988.jpg

Last edited:
I don't, just remove bugs with damp
cloth and little soap if needed from shell and props, for minimum nice looking while check overall status.

DJI person checking if the shell is enough glossy? I answer yes it's nice looking and not going worse or yellow after exposing hours to sun and UV's. NEVER seen any complain about that for white P4.

There is wax and wax, some might contain alcool distillate and little abrasive, some not. For me it's an overkill as aircraft meant to fly rather than exposed on the shelf - or both - that's your personal choice I fully respect!

Actually mine is seating in leaving room curently, let me check if nice looking right away...... [emoji1]
It fly's faster and smoother with a polymer coating . not a wax , no abrasives in NU- Finish . takes about 2 minute from start to finish .

since i'm the sort of person that likes to keep things new and in great shape i polished my drone .
I used NU-Finish which is a polish not a wax . it's a polymer . of course i kept it away from sensitive parts but the shell and props i polished well . One thing is the bugs wipe right off and it gives me the chance to closely inspect the drone for any damage that may have occurred during a flight .
So is anyone else as **** as this or am i'm in a class by myself

When I saw 'polish your drone', I'm thinking is that a new hi-tech euphemism....?

WD 40 does the job beautifully.
I spray a little into a micro fibre cloth and takes of any residue easily and leaves the phantom look like it's new.
What i like about the Nu- Finish is it lasts . no smell of wd or the mess and the bugs wipe off very easy I've done it once about 20 flights ago and it's still protecting and keeping bugs from sticking

Want a GREAT plastic polish, not for only your Phantom, but anything plastic? MOTHERS Power Plastic Polish. It's advertised as "Headlight Lens Restorer", which it does an excellent job on the clear headlight covers. I've used it on the body of my Phantoms 2 & 3 as well as on the propellers. Cleans and makes the everything look brand new again. I've even used it for polishing light scratches on my eye glasses, (of course I first tested it on a pair of old glasses first to see how it works.) I'm telling you, this stuff is great!!

Want a GREAT plastic polish, not for only your Phantom, but anything plastic? MOTHERS Power Plastic Polish. It's advertised as "Headlight Lens Restorer", which it does an excellent job on the clear headlight covers. I've used it on the body of my Phantoms 2 & 3 as well as on the propellers. Cleans and makes the everything look brand new again. I've even used it for polishing light scratches on my eye glasses, (of course I first tested it on a pair of old glasses first to see how it works.) I'm telling you, this stuff is great!!
I use Turtle Wax, been around forever.

I use those to the optics, but never thought of using them on the plastic parts because they are alcohol and in not sure how the alcohol will affect the plastic over time.
For those reasons I wish I knew what type of plastic our birds are made of. Isopropyl alcohols are tolerated by most plastics but not ethyl alcohols. I have been using the Zeiss types (isopropyl) on my plastic glasses and laptop screens, all my cameras and lots of other things for several years with no visible negative results. Your right "time will tell"

Reactions: VFA22Bonefish

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT