does anyone else polish their drone

I use baby wipes to clean my drone all the time and it makes it smell baby fresh if it's good for the baby it's good for my flying baby

Whats the deal with bees? I flew in a vacant lot last time I was in town and saw them mob the aircraft right after takeoff, the followed me everywhere and I had all kinds of bee guts and parts to wipe off after. I had blood all over it here at home last weekend from chopping engorged mosquito from one of the first hatches of the year, that was grisly but nothing some glass cleaner and TP couldn't fix.

Oh dear, you guys have got me feeling really guilty. My 18 month-old P3A has never had a wash- and it shows! There is even a small blood stain where I hand-caught it (from above - d'oh!) to get it out of trouble.
Got me thinking now.
I'm not generally a slob, I do like to keep things looking nice- my 14 year old jeep is still looking tidy for example, but it is also always in the back of my mind- if the second worst ever happens (a fly-away) I suspect a tatty-looking drone is more likely to be returned than one that looks shiny and new.

What i like about the Nu- Finish is it lasts . no smell of wd or the mess and the bugs wipe off very easy I've done it once about 20 flights ago and it's still protecting and keeping bugs from sticking
What's wrong with the smell of WD40? I think it smells purty! :D

Yes, when I read the topic in my email, I had to go look at the thread to see what you guys were talking about...LOL
if anything it got people looking . I think the idea of a dedicated drone polish is good . i have some for sale at 19.99 for 4oz of drone polish guaranteed to reduce fly a-ways by 50% , longer battery life as there is less wind resistance , easier to see at distance because of the great shine it almost glows <G>

if anything it got people looking . I think the idea of a dedicated drone polish is good . i have some for sale at 19.99 for 4oz of drone polish guaranteed to reduce fly a-ways by 50% , longer battery life as there is less wind resistance , easier to see at distance because of the great shine it almost glows <G>

Drone polish? You're wasted mate, you should go into politics with sales talk like that lol!

Whats the deal with bees? I flew in a vacant lot last time I was in town and saw them mob the aircraft right after takeoff, the followed me everywhere and I had all kinds of bee guts and parts to wipe off after. I had blood all over it here at home last weekend from chopping engorged mosquito from one of the first hatches of the year, that was grisly but nothing some glass cleaner and TP couldn't fix.
Wether "attacked" by the props on our birds, or squashed by us, an injured bee, wasp, hornet etc. emits a pheromone scent that says to all the other bees to attack. Considering our history of what we do to most the critters on the planet, its a wonder alot of em' haven't learned to just attack humans on sight....

Wether "attacked" by the props on our birds, or squashed by us, an injured bee, wasp, hornet etc. emits a pheromone scent that says to all the other bees to attack. Considering our history of what we do to most the critters on the planet, its a wonder alot of em' haven't learned to just attack humans on sight....

The bees were weird, they swarmed it before I hit one, I usually hover at 6 feet for a bit and watch for drift while planning my departure. A half dozen or so surrounded the drone hovering then two decided to get above my props "snap", "snap". I flew around actually trying to loose them but any time I paused in my flight I'd see them flying in front of the camera.

Start with a clay bar treatment. Then apply some Maguires hard wax. A good random orbital buffer works wonders. I use a 12 amp machine with a six inch pad on low. Does a great job taking out swirls. You should hand buff using a microfiber cloth.

Reactions: lmmavrick
WD-40 is mostly fish oil...

No.

WD-40 is a penetrating lubricating oil comprised mostly of mineral oils of varying viscosities, then decane, nonane, tridecane, undecane, tetradecane, dimethyl napthalene, cyclohexane, and CO2.

Decane provides liquidity at low temperatures. Nonane acts as a water repellent (since its non-polar). Actually, decane, nonane, tridecane, undecane, tetradecane are all heavy, high carbon molecules (=>9 carbons) used in both fuel and lubricating oils. They all have an aversion to water.

Cyclohexane improves melting point and is the aromatic component to an otherwise aliphatic concoction.

CO2 at 5% is used as a propellant in its aerosol form.

I thought everyone knew this.

(Disclaimers: No fish were harmed during the writing of this comment. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law. Rotate your tires.)

People use it up here for salmon bait. It is a way to try to bypass the fishing regulations. But, being a fisherman, and knowing many you can't believe them much. A six inch fish is 12 inches, and you should have been here yesterday. They like to hole their pole, and drink beer a lot.

I Don't know...I'm "Old School" and always used original "Pledge" on the lexan windshield and plastic parts of the Cessnas I flew as well as my KitFox. Seems to work just fine on my P3S and for the same reasons....cheap to buy...one can lasts forever......works!..... sheds light rain like RainX too!

I used an alcohol pad before to get scuffs and bug matter off the Phantom.. Worked really well. Not sure if that'll cause any topical issues or not, I hope not. shooot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl