Does anybody have a P2V (not Plus) camera or wifi board 3 for sale?

Still finding things confusing. In addition to getting telemetry, I can operate the gimbal mitor and can instigate still photo or video recording from my phone, and even play the recorded file and receive it on my phone. If it can transmit a recorded video to my phone over wifi, why can it not transmit fpv. Sorry to be a pain with questions, but I do appreciate your answers.

From what I gather reading others post like Gaucho, and others the NAND gets corrupt,
Unfortunately this is all beyond me,

Your wifi board is working, that is how you can send pics/video, as well as telemetry to your phone, but the board that converts your video feed is not! Although it will save pics and video to your SD card, your phone will not receive a live feed!
I know it is confusing, as I wish I knew more about coding, and how things work on a ( programming standpoint ) I've seen all boards go bad, each with their own problem, from unable to connect to wifi, to no live feed, to nothing at all!

I messed with them for a while! But ended up just swapping boards! I tried nand-flash on the plus wifi modules with no luck! So I moved on! I wish there was a second party board or camera to fix this or dji would offer replacement parts for this! I guess they are just outdated now, and not worth the effort to them any longer? Bummer.

Parts are out there, just have to find them! They were flowing here, but over the years I've exhausted all my local hookups! Without driving hours north or south, my area is dry!

J Dot
:cool:

It certainly is confusing. It's just that I feel as if there is something very minor happened or is happening that is stopping the live feed. You say that my wifi board is working because I can feed video playback from the camera to my phone through the wifi connection. So the board that converts live feed is bad, but which board is that? And is it possible to obtain one. Personally I value the telemetry info over the fpv feed but it would still be nice to have both.
I hope someone comes up with a diagnosis and solution soon, as I am a manic problem solver, and I will be like a dog with a rag if I cant find a solution.

Mike

Board 3,
Some have found success re-loading fc200 firmware, via SD card, but I have not! I just swap board 3. And it works.

A guy named Gaucho studied the nand program in these boards, and re coded it, in a nand flash procedure for the vision plus wifi module, some have fixed theirs with different results
1) works
2) works for only a few days
3) no success

I tried several times with no success! But I'm not really computer savvy! He started talking about changing port settings and speeds, bit rates , etc.
After all that foreign language, I was lost and aborted mission! I used to have several board 3's but after all this crap and fixing members cameras, I'm tapped out!

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

OK, I have pinged my modules and as expected 192.168.1.10, the wifi board, does not respond. Has anyone taken out the board for inspection. Is there visible damage to the board or components. Has anyone tried to have the board repaired. Is it physically damaged or software corrupt. If we can find a solution to this problem, irrespective who's fault it was, there must be hundreds of phantoms out there that can be brought back to life. Surely dji could source these boards from their original supplier and make them available to people that need them.

Update to my problems. I have now purchased a wifi camera with a view to replacing my fc200, and I have had a strange result. I reset my RE 700 to bind to my new camera. It bound first time and I thought that I was in business. I turned everything off and did a power cycle. I checked settings in my dji vision app to check if the connection had held, which it had. I then went to camera and it showed connected but I had no live feed, exactly the same as the fc200. Now my logic tells me the the common factor is the RE700. I connected directly to the new camera with my phone and I had perfect live video. It looks to me like the range extender is at fault, and when I think about it, it was a firmware update to the extender that caused all these fpv problems, but what I don't understand is that the forum is full of people who have replaced or repaired the fc200, and that has solved the problem. In addition when I pinged the wifi board in the camera it showed a fault. Any comments would be welcome.

Update to my problems. I have now purchased a wifi camera with a view to replacing my fc200, and I have had a strange result. I reset my RE 700 to bind to my new camera. It bound first time and I thought that I was in business. I turned everything off and did a power cycle. I checked settings in my dji vision app to check if the connection had held, which it had. I then went to camera and it showed connected but I had no live feed, exactly the same as the fc200. Now my logic tells me the the common factor is the RE700. I connected directly to the new camera with my phone and I had perfect live video. It looks to me like the range extender is at fault, and when I think about it, it was a firmware update to the extender that caused all these fpv problems, but what I don't understand is that the forum is full of people who have replaced or repaired the fc200, and that has solved the problem. In addition when I pinged the wifi board in the camera it showed a fault. Any comments would be welcome.

Which WIFI camera did you buy,, you can only use the FC200 and no other camera

Right, I did think that myself, but when I found it would bind I got all excited and thought this was a way forward. It's an SJ camera which my son used on his cycle. I have also tried to eliminate the RE and connect my phone directly to the fc200, but I found the fc200 gives an ESS access point so can't connect direct. Am worried about buying a replacement fc200 and then it still not working because it is the RE.

If the RE unit is able to bind (albeit not correctly) then its working fine,
Im still puzzled how you managed to bind when the app fills in the first set of digits (60 60), but then the app will accept anything

of the wrong MAC addrees is inputted then usually the RE fails to show the Phantom _XXXXX in the wifi if its bound wrong.

I would be more of the opinion that the camera is defective than the RE unit, ive never seen one go bad unless some idiot has opened it and pulled the aerrials off and shorted the main board out.

I cant see where your from, I live in the UK and do P2 and P2V repairs, your welcome to send me what you have and I can test it for you.

lastly you can connect directly to the camera from your phone from what I know but ive never had any luck in doing so, perhaps @J Dot could provide this information

Any more help let me know by PM as I dont visit here much since getting the Mavic Pro or hit the reply button and then answer or I dont get notified that there is a reply to this thread

IOS app is still 1.0.60 but last I checked it wasn't there on the app store - so maybe DJI has pulled it as its bricking the Phantom 2 Wifi Boards - who knows they may come out with 1.0.61 for IOS but I doubt it !!

Android has 1.0.61 and is proven to work.

If you get a new egg and try it with 1.0.60 you will brick it again so try android app 1.0.61 Vision !!!

Ok, I've just managed to source a replacement fc200. (Refurbished by dji). Should be here by the end of the month. What should I do to prevent bricking it again. Is it the firmware version or what. Surely dji have removed the versions which caused the problem.

Ok, I've just managed to source a replacement fc200. (Refurbished by dji). Should be here by the end of the month. What should I do to prevent bricking it again. Is it the firmware version or what. Surely dji have removed the versions which caused the problem.
yes it was in an early version of the DJI go app, but for me I would suggest finding Litchi for Phantom 2, its free on Android but not on IOS, then there will be no issues

Thanks for that. I'd better get Litchi installed and get accustomed to it. It would break my heart to get back into the back screen club. Many thanks for all you help and advice.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Mikey’s it may have more options as well as compared to the iOS apps - have a refurbished egg coming soon and have the litchi app installed and ready - let me know how your transition is and I will do same.

Yes, will do that. Need to build a bit of confidence in the bird. I had plans to upgrade range with antennas etc, but if I get fpv back with the new camera I'm a bit worried about changing anything.

Mikey’s it may have more options as well as compared to the iOS apps - have a refurbished egg coming soon and have the litchi app installed and ready - let me know how your transition is and I will do same.

Have a look at this video I did a few years back

Can you use POI while flaying a waypoint mission and have several POI’s?

If you use the mission hub at flylitchi.com then yes you can plan a mission and add POI;s by left clicking the mouse. Do a youtube search for examples mate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1