ANY Update at all on P2V FC-200 Component level Repair for WiFi?

Reaction score
Like many of you I burned up my wifi uplink from my fc200 on my p2v when DJI released that bogus range extender update. Not sure but I think when they originally released it it did not include the command to turn on the cooling fan. No matter, I have been sitting on this p2v for about 2 years now, hoping beyond all hope for someone to come up with a component level repair or manufacturer or stumble onto a cash of replacement transmitter components that go in the fc200. I took high value NASA soldering while in the Air Force, and if someone out there with access to the schematics could possibly give me the information regarding which components require replacement as a result of this unbelievable incompetence on the part of DJI I would indeed forever be in your debt. Besides that it is a great flying platform and I cut my teeth on it. I wish to give it to someone else as a trainer but cannot do so without at least telemetry which of course is not available. I am certainly not prepared to pay $500 for a replacement camera when I can literally purchase a brand new Warehouse holdover of a DJI Phantom 3 for approximately the same money.

As I said, any information with regards to repair instructions at the component-level or the replacement part that is responsible for the wifi binding to the Main airframe that is reasonably priced would be a godsend at this point. Not trying to be redundant folks just wondering if anybody ever came up with a fix for this or if everyone has just plain given up....

P.S.
Just wanted to thank all of you out there who have helped me in the past... This form is such a helpful tool for everyone and I think all you guys out there that help out are really awesome. My sincere gratitude!
AJ

I wish but unfortunately the money it would take would exceed the potential revenue in repairs. I have taken apart my egg that has video but no telemetry and also a "as is" mystery egg that I gambled on ebay only to find black screen of death... tried with 5 different app versions then upgraded to firmware 1.1.9 then back to 1.1.8 with no dice. Tore both down and on both I noticed the big heatsink that mounts on the underside of a chip which has thermal paste does not have good contact for cooling and did not have ample compound to do much for transfer of heat either. I added some back to my semi functioning egg. not sure what that chip is but I wonder if they messed up there and whatever that chip is is being fried.

Many tiny pins that are well beyond my soldering skill level but if you could ID that chip and swap it out for cheap, it could be worth the chance if it were easy for you.

*I might actually be good enough to swap this chip but it would be pushing my skill level for sure.

Last edited:
R u guys sure ur issue is not just the scrambled prom chip? My buddy in KS has that "repair" down to 30 min job to reprogram. Google it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.