Do you leave your props on while stored in your case?

Reaction score
I have a Go Professional case for my P3. I haven't been leaving my props on but since I'm concerned about the props becoming loose with taking them on and off each time I fly, I'm considering leaving them on. I know the case was designed to leave them on, just curious if anyone has had any problems with leaving their props on. Thank you.

I leave them on my Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 in their respective cases all the time.

I always kept them on in the case with my old phantom. I have just ordered a new case of amazon so i can leave them on the P3, i am cured of taking them on and off all the time every flight. I fly on the way to work and sometimes on the way home and putting them on and of is bugging me now so a new case has been ordered. Managed to find a case not to big which allows the props to stay on and fits an ipad in and all leads spare props ect ect.

Hard case, I leave the props on. Backpack, I take them off.

Regardless of case, do not leave them in a hot vehicle, as this can distort the shell.

I leave them on. One less thing to do and with the P3 I'm afraid over time it will wear and loosen the threads on the composite hub by removing them that often.

I usually leave them on, but the battery eventually dies, then they're off. :confused:

I have a hard case, and while the props would fit attached, I have been taking them off as I am concerned that the to top of the case pushing down on the blades may warp them over time...thoughts?

What could possible be the downside of leaving them on? If your case allows to leave them on what's to even think about?

I leave them on. One less thing to do and with the P3 I'm afraid over time it will wear and loosen the threads on the composite hub by removing them that often.

This is exactly why I got the micro raptor pro hard case! I've already stripped one of the composite hub props and I have not taken them off much. I'm pretty sure I over tightened it.

What could possible be the downside of leaving them on? If your case allows to leave them on what's to even think about?

I have the MicroRaptor hard case, which is designed for this. However, I am concerned about warping the props under constant compression by the egg crate foam in the lid. Isn't that a concern? I've thought about removing the egg crate foam from the case except when I'm transporting it. Thoughts?

I have the MicroRaptor hard case, which is designed for this. However, I am concerned about warping the props under constant compression by the egg crate foam in the lid. Isn't that a concern? I've thought about removing the egg crate foam from the case except when I'm transporting it. Thoughts?

if I am not transporting it, I simply leave the case open.

Reactions: Flyboy
Hard case and I leave them on. No need to wear them down by removing them every time I fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31