Do you fly above 35C/95F outside?

Do you fly above 35C/95F outside? I think manual says 45.5C/114F maximum

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Yeah. I've flown in 95 degrees F and 85% humidity. Bird and iPhone had no problem.

I'm glad it is not black, I bet the Solo gets very hot.
DJI did good adding fans, with all the electronics on a single board makes me worry some. From pictures it seems to have some vents too.

Reactions: dalebb and Jbundy63
I'm glad it is not black, I bet the Solo gets very hot.
DJI did good adding fans, with all the electronics on a single board makes me worry some. From pictures it seems to have some vents too.

Definitely agree that the black Solo's would have to get hotter. DJI Phantom being white is a plus and is vented for better cooling.

37 degrees [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] Burrrrrrrrr!!!!! You must be up north? LOL

FYI that my manual at least says a max of 104F/40C. That temp is not unusual in my area, but I don't intend to find out what happens if I fly when it's that hot.

I already switched from an iPad Mini 2 to an Air 2 when the Mini started to overheat and lag in the high 90's. The Air 2 is smooth as can be, but even so I think 100F/38C will be my upper limit.

a bright shiny day is nice, but when it gets above 85 degrees F, time me to go for the shade and a lemonade. :) 20C is a nice summer:)

I flew in 110F Palm Springs weather two weeks ago, the drone did ok but I tried to keep the flights short (7 min at a time). I was mostly worried about the batteries overheating and giving out. You can see that info in the app and I compared it to the battery rated temp. I was also sure to let it cool down before charging the batteries.

Also I'm not sure if this is related, but the FPV streaming stuff cut out a lot. And yeah my phone overheating too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers