Do these work ?

There can be an issue with the pin holding the bottom hinge falling out. If this happens to you let the seller know they will probably replace the unit. The only other problem I see is that if you slide the unit all the way down (where it goes) on the antenna, it can restrict the antenna from attaining the proper angle to the aircraft. These are my experiences. As far as extending or strengthening reception, I couldn't really say as I use them only for a little added confidence and I never really fly more than 1500 - 2000 ft out (VLOS) so lost signal is rare at worst. Hope this helps. Note that your OP was about a specific booster, the Tozo, which is what I have talked about here. The thread linked above is more general info I think.

Last edited:
There can be an issue with the pin holding the bottom hinge falling out. If this happens to you let the seller know they will probably replace the unit. The only other problem I see is that if you slide the unit all the way down (where it goes) on the antenna, it can restrict the antenna from attaining the proper angle to the aircraft. These are my experiences. As far as extending or strengthening reception, I couldn't really say as I use them only for a little added confidence and I never really fly more than 1500 - 2000 ft out (VLOS) so lost signal is rare at worst. Hope this helps. Note that your OP was about a specific booster, the Tozo, which is what I have talked about here. The thread linked above is more general info I think.
Yeah the only reason I zeroed in on them is because they have the antenna holder on the top & bottom unlike others I seen that just had them on the bottom..

I use one (came with my bundle) but since I haven't tried super long distances (or compared with and without) I couldn't give a solid recommendation. My feeling is that if it helps keeping a stronger signal even a little then it's worth it.

I use one (came with my bundle) but since I haven't tried super long distances (or compared with and without) I couldn't give a solid recommendation. My feeling is that if it helps keeping a stronger signal even a little then it's worth it.
From what I've read, and haven't experienced is, they direct the signal further because of the parabolic design. So, you would have to keep the controller pointed directly at the bird to see any improvement in range.

If designed and implemented properly... it's physics.
Similar to cupping hand behind your ears to listen and around your mouth to yell.

Back in the day when laptops didn't have built in Wi-Fi, and you had to plug in a USB Wi-Fi adapter, I had a job that put me out on the streets quite a bit. During this same time period, many people/businesses did not have their Wi-Fi secured. If I needed internet I'd plop my Wi-Fi antenna on top of the car and connect to the internet. If the signal was bad I'd connect a homemade windsurfer to the antenna. Boosted the signal, sometimes from one to four bars. So those will totally work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak