Do I have to update firmware?

Reaction score
Do you have to do the firmware updates? P4P.

When I launch the DJI go app on my iPad, it warns of inconsistent firmware, and tells me the remote controller and aircraft both require an update.

But if I ignore those, then I can still fly.

My reasons for not wanting to updates were, a) everything worked fine before b) does the latest updates have geofencing in them?

Thanks

Firmware updates are always optional. If you decide to update, you can easily roll the firmware back later using the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Optional, but recommended by DJI... Recommended by other pilots? What has the experience been like for CURRENT and PREVIOUS firmwares for P4P?

RoOSTA

Recommended by other pilots?
Yes, I highly recommend updating the firmware so you can take advantage of the latest features and fixes. There really is no reason not to update since you can always roll back to the previously released firmware version if you're not happy with the current firmware version.

I'd recommend holding off at least a few days to around a week before updating to new firmware. Let other people do the "beta testing" on it first to see if there are any issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z