Do believe I bricked my P3P

Reaction score
Hello all first time posting as I typically search before I have to ask.

It seems there are a ton of info on the issue im' facing but I cannot get any of them to work.
I just recently started to try my P3P as its been a few years since I last flew it. So I pulled it out of the case this weekend and attempted up upgrade the firmware. I followed the instructions and placed my SD card in the drone and it seemed to flash fine. I got the green light, but now I tried the app and sd card to upgrade the RC but it will not link with the drone at all. I have tried many different ways to get this to link without success.
The lights on the Drone tell me it needs to link, front red back blinking yellow Gimbal light turns green
RC tells me other wise, the far left light usually red for now blinks green red very fast.
I have tried holding c1 and c2 plus record and power, all lights will come on white still will not link
I have tried holding c1 plus c2 and shutter then press the track wheel down, light will turn blue but will not link

Please for the love of god will someone point me in the right direction, I'm down to my last bit of hair!!

Ok,this manual link, if this not work uninstall the app and reinstall,,then try linking again,,what happens when you try link in app,?don't worry about front lights they always red,,,,the idea of a app reinstall is if you need firmware you will be prompted again then we know where to go
Screenshot_20190219-121225.jpg

If try to link in the app all it states is something about frequencies, I click ok and does nothing, even after pushing the little link button on the side of the drone.

If try to link in the app all it states is something about frequencies, I click ok and does nothing, even after pushing the little link button on the side of the drone.
Ok that's asking to confirm frequency,,does it countdown when you press OK,, it should give you a minute...before you try again turn drone and rc on and press link button just once,this will unlink it,,then try link again-------------------have any luck

Last edited by a moderator:
You say it's been a "few years"? How long, what firmware were you running before you tried to update, what firmware were you trying to update too?
As it had been a few years, what state were the batteries in?
Did you format the SD card before applying the update data?

You say it's been a "few years"? How long, what firmware were you running before you tried to update, what firmware were you trying to update too?
As it had been a few years, what state were the batteries in?
Did you format the SD card before applying the update data?

I'm pretty sure it was v1.4.0010, I charged batteries before updating and yes SD cards were formatted

Better keep a fan blowing on it during lengthy periods of being powered on while sitting still. I have a p3p also and they are notorious for overheating during long FW updates, which leads to a burned-out circuit board.

I bought a small USB gooseneck fan from Amazon, plugged into a power brick blowing directly into the vents on either side. I haven't updated my FW in years but will sometimes leave mine turned on, no props, sitting on the kitchen bar, while I mess with settings and whatnot.

Good luck!

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Hello all first time posting as I typically search before I have to ask.

It seems there are a ton of info on the issue im' facing but I cannot get any of them to work.
I just recently started to try my P3P as its been a few years since I last flew it. So I pulled it out of the case this weekend and attempted up upgrade the firmware. I followed the instructions and placed my SD card in the drone and it seemed to flash fine. I got the green light, but now I tried the app and sd card to upgrade the RC but it will not link with the drone at all. I have tried many different ways to get this to link without success.
The lights on the Drone tell me it needs to link, front red back blinking yellow Gimbal light turns green
RC tells me other wise, the far left light usually red for now blinks green red very fast.
I have tried holding c1 and c2 plus record and power, all lights will come on white still will not link
I have tried holding c1 plus c2 and shutter then press the track wheel down, light will turn blue but will not link

Please for the love of god will someone point me in the right direction, I'm down to my last bit of hair!!

Update Controller Firmware
Update Phantom Firmware
Update Battery Firmware

The first message listed was for the Controller, I clicked Update and it updated through the iPhone (on Wi-Fi) and completed OK, then the message changed to Re-Start the Controller, after I did this, I lost contact with the P3P. There were the 4 battery lights on and the status light was now Red.

I could not re-link to the P3P. So, thinking the P3P needed the same update, I proceeded to Format the Mini SD card and copied the "P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin" and successfully updated the P3P and the Battery that was in it, by confirming the .txt message now on the SD card.

The DJI.app only showed the newest Firmware for the Controller, without a connection to the P3P I had no other conformation. I shut everything down and re-started, same Red light indications.

In the DJI.app which was working with the Controller, I found the "Link to the Aircraft" menu item and selected it, the message changed to a timer countdown, I used a paperclip and pressed the button inside of the hole next to the Red light on the side of the P3P, held it for a few seconds ... and the status light on the Controller and the P3P turned Green. Success, Luck I guess.

But why would a DJI Firmware update wipe out this connection between the Controller and the Aircraft? Really Stupid and Annoying, I feel sorry for folks who are not savvy enough to solve this, because they can't fly any longer.

BTW, this update won't let you fly in controlled airspace, even uncontrolled airspace below a Class G Airspace Shelf. Now that's taken it too far. Good luck H3is3nb3rg, HTHs Bill

Reactions: tunadoctor
What model is your remote controller? GL300A are famous for the USB port circuit board to go bad after being inactive for extended periods of time. It sounds very similar to your problem. It took me several hours of pulling my hair out before I spent another several hours of research to come across the solution to the problem here on this awesome forum.

I would advise you to look at the latest P3P Releasse Notes and read ALL info on ALL Firmware releases.
For instance:
v1.1.9 states:
"Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install"
v1.8.80 states:
"Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will NOT link"
Which all means you probably have to do step-by-step firmware upgrades (not skipping any)
Also download the PDF-file 'How to Update the Firmware v1.4'

Info and downloads on DJI-site: Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

For ALL released firmwares download the windows-program: DankDroneDownloader.exe

Link: cs2000/DankDroneDownloader

Hint: I still fly my P3P without any problems with firmware v1.8.80(AC) and v1.8.0(RC), NO heavy restrictions with no-fly-zones.

Last edited:
Reactions: tunadoctor
That's NOT helpfull at all !
And it's BS. People are better off updating in general, for many reasons.

But besides being unhelpful here (it's really a callous thing to post, since you know the OP has already done it), is that doing an update was NOT likely the reason for the OPs issues. It will turn out to be something different, as it always does.

I really don't know the answer though. It would be good to confirm what the EXACT message is concerning frequencies. Also, I am wondering what condition the battery is actually in. Fully charging it is good, but if it was damaged from being stored for so long (presumably going to 0%, which is not good for the battery).

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20