Do any of you pilots, have OTHER R/C interests, outside of MultiRotors?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if any of you pilots,
Have other R/C interests, other than MultiRotors?

I've been into it my whole life, and have had several, and still have most,
If my old stuff, as well as new stuff!
I was into everything, cars, trucks, boats, airplanes, gliders, air boats, helicopters, MultiRotors, you name it!

Here are just a couple pics of part of my collection! ( if anyone is interested, I can take pics of more of my collection )

First is my work space ( MAN area ) my wife says!
47E3D8C8-3B46-41EC-8FCC-B41E1AD26BEF_zpsdamn4anm.jpg

More work space:
3EE25EFB-1B8C-48F9-821A-E7769228B1FB_zpsk5tp2wph.jpg

Phantom area:
6461AE3E-4FBE-4FB0-9927-892A91C027EA_zpskqad77yq.jpg

My nitro snow cat:
F292650D-FD9B-4F99-A6F0-3A03D88887C2_zpspbliditr.jpg

My original RC10 mint w/ aluminum rims:
77BCC6B1-A0B5-4AD4-B7D7-BB269FAEDC08_zpsvtxi2evi.jpg

Please feel free to share your pics if you like, and if you want to see more
Pics, let me know!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Wow. You have a bunch of stuff. I have planes. Three with 72 inch wing spans. My planes have 2 and 4 stroke engines. And at least 6 others a bit smaller. Some helis, About 6 or so quads. And this I built about 15 years ago. Still works. Made from junk parts.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow. You have a bunch of stuff. I have planes. Three with 72 inch wing spans. My planes have 2 and 4 stroke engines. And at least 6 others a bit smaller. Some helis, About 6 or so quads. And this I built about 15 years ago. Still works. Made from junk parts.

HA HA HA!
Aw man, THAT is bad A! I love that, you are INSANE! Too cool!

I recently got rid of my plane stuff, but repurposed one into this!

731C42AB-8B30-4BFC-9AB3-FA63C33ED8ED_zpse769ilig.jpg

J Dot

I also have a boat, several quads, and a bunch more nitro trucks!

Reactions: mad in nc
I honestly wish Monte55 was my best friend, I like his toy, I can see doing real damage with that.

For me if you include telescopes and books in the equation perhaps I'd have some good input.

In 1977 I built a hovercraft. Was about 6 feet wide and 12 foot long. Had two 18 hp 2 stroke engines. Looks similar to your swamp boat. One 36" lift fan and a 42" pusher prop. I have pics but not digital. I started a one man micro heli with counter rotating rotors about in 2008. Haven't worked on it for a while. need to get back to it.I have some videos on youtube doing some testing.

I started with r/c cars, nothing fancy except one gas powered truck I had a long time ago. Later I got into r/c helicopters from 3 channel up to a 3d heli which I constantly crashed and repaired until I just gave up on it, and then of course the phantom fc40 and my little cheerson cx-10. I've been wanting to do a 250 race quad for a while, but I'm broke at the moment, so that'll be on hold for a while. I also thought about trying out r/c planes, but never got around to it. Oh, and I had a couple robot r/c things a long time ago called rumble robots. :cool: I might post my current collection of toys in a few days when I get around to it if anybody's interested. I think I have 3 cars, 2 quads, and 3 helis (one's broke atm)

Here you go MONTE55,
This was a t-bucket go-cart I built for my oldest son, my dad used to scrap amusement park rides, when they were old or obsolete, this was a child's merry go round ride, had cars, and motorcycles that went round and round, and popped wheelies. The body was a ford t bucket, even says ford on radiator, and bed! Radiator is gas tank now! It is old now and a bit rusty! But still cool

5635FCFF-A46F-40BA-BFDA-9CE2CA5C5458_zpsv2ieia8a.jpg

J Dot

Here you go MONTE55,
This was a t-bucket go-cart I built for my oldest son, my dad used to scrap amusement park rides, when they were old or obsolete, this was a child's merry go round ride, had cars, and motorcycles that went round and round, and popped wheelies. The body was a ford t bucket, even says ford on radiator, and bed! Radiator is gas tank now! It is old now and a bit rusty! But still cool

5635FCFF-A46F-40BA-BFDA-9CE2CA5C5458_zpsv2ieia8a.jpg

J Dot
cool. Ya need to get it going again.

Lol,
I'm too big for it now, I was 22 when I built it ( was working in a welding shop, ) I'm 42 now, I fabricated EVERYTHING, except body, bed, radiator fiberglass! Even has plush interior! Look close at front end, it has lead spring suspension, kept it as TRUE as I could to the real deal, has a 7 speed tranny w/reverse! 18hp V-twin, totally gone through, high lift rockers, aluminum! Sounds exactly like a Harley Davidson!

Ps, freaking LOVE the hovercraft! Those pictures look 70's? I have a few from that era myself!

I should restore it AGAIN! Did it once already about 10 years ago, when 20hp blew up, so went with the 18hp, as 20 was a bit scary!

J Dot

You need to upload it to the web first,
I use ( photobucket ) for pictures, and gif formats, it's free, and easy to use, just upload, and you get a direct link, cut and paste, to here! I just type the img headers manually, but you can use link above to insert them!

I use YouTube for videos!

J Dot

This is my toy. 1976 Midget. I bought for $650 in 1991 and restored it myself in 1993. To me it's like a legal go cart. I did a bit of custom work on it. Took off the ugly front rubber bumper and made the grill. The running light/turn signals are behind the grill.

You Can upload pics from your hard drive directly to site, but I have not found a way to do videos yet? It always gives me an error code, then rejects me!
I use photobucket for pics ( for editing reasons ) but it does not do video only pictures!

I use YouTube CAPTURE, for my videos!

J Dot

I hear you,
I feel the same, I'm sure there is a site somewhere that allows free video uploads, maybe Facebook, or alike? If you find one let me know?

Sweet car,
I gave up tinkering a while ago, after I shattered my knee, I keep things simple now, soldering, glueing, needlepoint ( lol ) , just kidding!
I can't do some of the things I used to do, but I tinker on a smaller scale now! Man can you imagine someone like us, in a well equipped shop, and plenty of $ to spend? We'd be dangerous! Lol.

I love seeing things people build with their imagination, always amazes me! I've see More yard built stuff, I've wanted, than new store bought stuff!

A+

J Dot

I love building things. About 2006...after reading alot on the internet, designed and built my own cnc router. I made my helicopter blades on it. Some videos on youtube. It's pretty cool. I have just about all the tools to do this stuff. Need more money and time. The cnc router will draw too.

I've always wanted one of those, a little less vocal ( lol ) does it run auto cad?

I also want a CNC machine for Bilit part fabrication! All RC related stuff!
I've got tons of ideas, but no way to create them without the right tools!
I own a patent on some stuff I made out of molds with lead ( tire weights ) then had PVC prototype parts made, followed by carbon plastic and Bilit parts made to complete the patent, cost me $$$$ but now onto manufacturing! I want to design more stuff like that ( without all the middle men! )

J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.