DJI wants you to call if you have shell cracks

If anyone calls early, please post what plans are I won't be able to call til later this afternoon

yes i would be curious to know as well.
Would be nice if a discount was offered on a new shell, but I'm sure the issue could possibly happen again and I doubt they will recall.

So... I would imagine they are either going to tell us to zip tie or clue arms, and this will not void the warranty... Just thinking out loud.

this must be a recent development because as of yesterday afternoon, I was asked to send mine in. Let's hope at least they send out a new shell. I'd be happy with that. technically, it would be a pain to change it out but I'm up for it as long as I don't have to wait for 6-8 weeks for repair.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Just read this on the DJI Forum, crazy... I find myself reading these forums while drinking my coffee getting ready for work...

Anyway I just have hair line cracks (minor) in one arm but do plan on calling to see what there plans are...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=23241&extra=page=4&page=22&mobile=2

Could you point to the message that says they want us to call? You just listed the DJI contact info? I don't feel like waiting for hours if this is not true.

Could you point to the message that says they want us to call? You just listed the DJI contact info? I don't feel like waiting for hours if this is not true.

• DJI-Autumn106#
  • 2015-07-07 15:1324

For customers with cracks in their shell, now we already got a solution for you. Please contact support with the detail description! Thank you!

• DJI-Autumn106#
  • 2015-07-07 15:1324
For customers with cracks in their shell, now we already got a solution for you. Please contact support with the detail description! Thank you!
I believe: this was her message:

"Hey guys, apologize for keeping you waiting for our solution. After investigation now we already got one.
Please get back to support with a detailed description, we will deal with it as soon as possible"
Sorry again for the inconvience caused.

this gives me hope. Because I was just prepared to live with it and fix it myself. And you know how plastic goes. There's no permanent fix.

So after contemplating this issue I am getting ready to be proactive on this issue. I am preparing to reinforce the arms with a bit of carbon fiber like adhesive bands, remove all the screws from the arms, apply LocTite to each screw and properly torque each screw. If I can come up with some type of washer to distribute the stresses around each screw I will.

Rainy day, just as well work on the bird and make her a good as she can be.

So after contemplating this issue I am getting ready to be proactive on this issue. I am preparing to reinforce the arms with a bit of carbon fiber like adhesive bands, remove all the screws from the arms, apply LocTite to each screw and properly torque each screw. If I can come up with some type of washer to distribute the stresses around each screw I will.
It has been suggested to apply loctite and let it dry on the screw prior to application. Some loctite will eat plastic.

Personally, What I am going to do is apply bondic to the areas that normally break. I'm not keen on sending in my phantom and will repair it myself. I'm still waiting to see what DJI proposes as a fix first.

I put zip-ties on mine. Fixed the issue. I put zip-ties on all four arms,
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...-stress-cracks-video.46749/page-5#post-438129

Curious what DJI's fix is?
If it's send it in, we will take a look at it...I think I'll throw it at them. LOL.

so, has anyone called yet? I'm at work. I sent off an email on my support ticket and the tech didn't answer the question. He instead addressed some other question I asked about what needed to be shipped back.

Last edited:
Here is the email I received regarding "the fix"

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The issues that you're describing require for you to send in your unit for repair.

pfft, whatever. I still hope someone will call and verify.

I called DJI North America they had no clue what I was talking about, they insisted I turn in my bird... And I would be charged lol...no thanks!

so there it is...

Over and out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic