DJI V2 plus calibration problem

Reaction score
Please could some kind person help me. I had a small accident with my V2 Plus in that on take off it tilted and fried the speed control printed circuit board which I replaced including the motor. The problem now is that I have 2 solid red lights on the front of the copter indicating a calibration problem. I have up to 8 sats connected to my mobile but no matter how I try to calibrate they do not change. I have double checked the connection to the top shell and it is fine. The copter has been used for about an hour all told as we have not had much good weather since I bought the drone last December. I would appreciate any help as I am becoming a little desperate to try the drone out after spending more than a grand. Many thanks

Welcome to the forum Pascoe :)
Have you done an advanced IMU calibration in the assistant program ? You say you have tried to calibrate but not what type .

Thank you for the reply, I carried out the
advanced calibration and also a couple of physical ones. It would appear that a solid red Led on the front of the copter may not be calibration after all.i have read that someone else had a similar problem that indicated a motor problem but they are all fine.do you think I am safe to fly. You may have guessed I am new to the drone world but am willing to learn and appreciate you're time. Today would be a good day to fly as it is sunny herein Wales

Thank you for the reply, I carried out the
advanced calibration and also a couple of physical ones. It would appear that a solid red Led on the front of the copter may not be calibration after all.i have read that someone else had a similar problem that indicated a motor problem but they are all fine.do you think I am safe to fly. You may have guessed I am new to the drone world but am willing to learn and appreciate you're time. Today would be a good day to fly as it is sunny herein Wales
I wouldn't advise it if you not getting the lights right .JMO
I would try and do the advanced calibration and compass one again and see what I got . Sometimes it take several attempts on some to get it right .
I would not send mine up and chance it !!

Please could some kind person help me. I had a small accident with my V2 Plus in that on take off it tilted and fried the speed control printed circuit board which I replaced including the motor. The problem now is that I have 2 solid red lights on the front of the copter indicating a calibration problem. I have up to 8 sats connected to my mobile but no matter how I try to calibrate they do not change. I have double checked the connection to the top shell and it is fine. The copter has been used for about an hour all told as we have not had much good weather since I bought the drone last December. I would appreciate any help as I am becoming a little desperate to try the drone out after spending more than a grand. Many thanks

Those two solid red LED's indicate the front of you craft and they only go red when the motors spin up for takeoff. When you first start the battery those front LED's will flash red three times then go from green, yellow and red then off. Try it by holding up your P2 and watching those front LED's while turn the battery on.

Reactions: dirkclod
I wouldn't advise it if you not getting the lights right .JMO
I would try and do the advanced calibration and compass one again and see what I got . Sometimes it take several attempts on some to get it right .
I would not send mine up and chance it !!

Morning Dirk fall out of bed this morning or you puten on you're going to church rags on.

Reactions: dirkclod
Morning Dirk fall out of bed this morning or you puten on you're going to church rags on.
Both ;) Morning bro and thanks for looking in on this ;)

Thank you very much for you're reply, I have carried out the checks and calibration you suggested but the red LEDs will not turn off. Should I be concerned?

Pascoe I think we are misunderstanding each other. You going to have red lights on in front . If all looks good in your app and it spools up then take it up a little and let it hover to see .That's just what I would do BUT THAT'S JUST ME !!

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try the worst that can happen is its bye bye (hopefully not)

When in doubt TEATHER your drone to a brick. try to power up the motors with on props first. Run up the power see if the front lights change......m
Good luck!

I just went out and took a spin and the red lights stay on Pascoe on the front when all is good .Solid red lights

like this
h.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic