DJI updates

Reaction score
DJI is going to further restric through software where and when you can fly your drones.

When I bought my $1300 drone there were very few restrictions now that I have owned it for a while DJI has seen fit to add restrictions to a product that I own outright and they have no claim to ownership of after the sale of the product radically changing the product I bought and payed for without my permission DJI is playing mommy with my drone after the sale it might be time to support other manufacturers that don't change your product after the sale.

This also MAY be grounds for a class action lawsuits which I just might look into the product I bought has been radically change after the sale without my permission and we are forced to upgrade software or the product is basically unusable and the database DJI uses to restrict use is full of errors and includes rarely used heliports as restricted areas and even the FAA does not consider a helicopter landing pad an airport. There's a field near my home that is used very rarely for lifestar (medical) that is actually a baseball diamond but they use it for emergencies and this field is marked as an airport.

If anyone else is seriously considering a class action lawsuit against DJI you can contact me @ [email protected]

Reactions: lone droner
Why not just fly a non-DJI drone if you're so worried about this? You'll save yourself a lot of time and money.

It doesn't matter how often an airport or heliport is used from a regulation perspective. Heliports do fall under the same rules as airports.

I have no problems, but then again I don't fly in FAA restricted areas. That being said, it's not impossible that there are some errors. You can unlock yellow areas here.

DJI is going to further restric through software where and when you can fly your drones.

When I bought my $1300 drone there were very few restrictions now that I have owned it for a while DJI has seen fit to add restrictions to a product that I own outright and they have no claim to ownership of after the sale of the product radically changing the product I bought and payed for without my permission DJI is playing mommy with my drone after the sale it might be time to support other manufacturers that don't change your product after the sale.

This also MAY be grounds for a class action lawsuits which I just might look into the product I bought has been radically change after the sale without my permission and we are forced to upgrade software or the product is basically unusable and the database DJI uses to restrict use is full of errors and includes rarely used heliports as restricted areas and even the FAA does not consider a helicopter landing pad an airport. There's a field near my home that is used very rarely for lifestar (medical) that is actually a baseball diamond but they use it for emergencies and this field is marked as an airport.

If anyone else is seriously considering a class action lawsuit against DJI you can contact me @ [email protected]
You aren't forced into upgrading. I'm flying on software and firmware that's almost a year old on my P3P. You wouldn't have much of a court case IMHO.

It doesn't matter how often an airport or heliport is used from a regulation perspective. Heliports do fall under the same rules as airports.

I have no problems, but then again I don't fly in FAA restricted areas. That being said, it's not impossible that there are some errors. You can unlock yellow areas here.
There is a difference how ever between a softball field used for emergencies and a purpously built heliport

Ok just to clear up for the op as long as you re log in to your account when this update comes out there will be no new restrictions in place.

Ok just to clear up for the op as long as you re log in to your account when this update comes out there will be no new restrictions in place.
How are you certain? Sounds to me like they will be enforcing restrictions laid out in your region. Sometimes I like to do long distance flights out to sea. Technically a no no, but no harm or danger involved. The way I read the update info, long distance flights will no longer be possible

How are you certain? Sounds to me like they will be enforcing restrictions laid out in your region. Sometimes I like to do long distance flights out to sea. Technically a no no, but no harm or danger involved. The way I read the update info, long distance flights will no longer be possible
It might be a good idea to wait to find out what's planned before getting overexcited about what you imagine what DJI might do.

I'm certain because on one of the Facebook groups a guy called Brendan schulman who works for dji has said as long as you re log in no restrictions will apply.

IMG_0911.PNG

If Max range is set, wich is terribly low in norway i will sell my P4 and the DJI goggles.. i World never buy a DJI product again.

In most class actions that are taken, only lawyers are the winners!

Originally posted on mavic pilots...

Roll back FW to earlier version while you can.
Don't update DJIGo4 by not allowing it to operate when Internet is active - means not using maps.
Download Litchi - I'm not a Litchi fanboy but i will start using it if i require maps.
I am sick to death of constant updates!!!!!
I purchased my drones to enable me to take aerial videos, not to become a flying guinea pig or tech expert!!!!
DJI make excellent flying hardware but their management and programmers keep screwing things up for everyone!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a way of 'freezing' an app version on iOS. If I back the phone up using iTunes, will it always restore to the old version, or will it redownload the new version. I have a programme called imazing. Wondering if it might do this.

Seems this whole thing is tied to app version as much as firmware, so it would be good to find a way to capture a golden version - that works as it should. Just in case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20