DJI Ultimate Flight - Moverio BT-200

Moverio beta version is now available via the download page. The DJI libraries for ground station do not work on the Moverio so the Moverio version, at this time, is a flight only version but has fixed a number of issues seen in the DJI version (like full screen video), Ghost buttons (which give a cleaner FPV experience) and speech (described by 1 user as a co-pilot).

The Moverio version is being sponsored by the http://coptershop.com/, an authorized DJI shop, sales and service.

http://coptershop.com/pages/moverioapp

Ken

Last edited:
Great Work Ken, I Was Tempted To Purchase The Moverio But Until Such Time As It Can Run A More Recent Version Of Android Its Not Worth The Money.

Great Work Ken, I Was Tempted To Purchase The Moverio But Until Such Time As It Can Run A More Recent Version Of Android Its Not Worth The Money.

The current version isn't going to be updated and the new version is planned for next year.

If you are really wanting a pair, call the CopterShop, mention the app and they may offer a discount (no need to order from China); they have them in-stock.

Note: I get no kick-backs, it is solely between you and them.

If you want to test out a pre-release...

Until such time that DJI is able to correct the various issues with the SDK cause apps to freeze and restart I've added code to recover prior activity. It's like when the browser shuts down and then when you open the browser you are prompted that "the last browser session closes unexpectedly" and prompts if you want to recover the prior session. The app now does the same thing for a few key app features (waypoints, screen mode and zero-offset altitude).

Also in the app is a boost setting (touch the Wi-Fi icon). You can set 1mW = 100mW thought I wouldn't suggest going above about 12 unless you are familiar with the higher settings and their requirements (like adding additional heat sync in Wi-Fi module).

http://www.droidbin.com/p19ji8vh64fm61iar17r1t1e14763

Hi Ken - you did tell me this was coming. I made a simple mount which allows me to suspend the moverio from a hard-hat [ I have prescription lenses for it] - it takes most of the weight of the glasses, and is much more comfortable. I have flown a few times using the dji app, but was waiting for your promised one. I agree the moverio system is clunky, but it is, just, usable. I changed the internal antennae on the p2v+ from the patch aerials [which i noticed are circularly polarised] to a pair of 2db dipoles. It may not have the absolute range of the patches, but the fpv does not drop out any where near as often, when I yaw at long range. I had no trouble at 1500ft, without boosting, and with the bird at an altitude of 15ft - along a local beach. I would rather have a shorter but more reliable range for the fpv than lose it when I really need it. However, the moverio, with your help, could be really good.
peter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers