DJI Support

Reaction score
I have heard many things about DJI support and I was wondering what you guys thought about it

Use this forum for tech support and use dji for repairs support.

Reactions: BarryWilson
I called dji Support to inquire

1. about removing the lens cover that appeared stuck/frozen on my Phantom 4 Pro Camera to install a variable lens filter. I was told by techninian you can't remove the cover but to get one that slips over the cover. This was erroneous information as I found several articles on a Google search on how to remove a stuck on threaded cover. Using a rubber gripping material like for jar lid removal was a quick solution. I just didn't want to stress a brand new camera and gimbal. Compaired to other tech support the wait wasn't terribly long and the technician was pleasant.

2. When turning on the controller it kept asking me for a Mainland Chinese Phone Number for verification and this happened twice where I couldn't fly my Phantom. Called tech support and was told I had to have an internet connection to fly. Well I thought that was stupid because up in the mountains you don't have internet everywhere. Upon the next (and frequent) software update it seemed to correct the problem for now.

So like most support lines you might have to call back to actually find someone with the technical skill to help fix your problem. Google might be the best help In many cases!

Reactions: lnh2424
Dji support is a joke. They don’t know what they are doing. As the post says this is the best for advice

Just had a bad experience with them. I have an Inspire 2 battery (TB50) that is 6 months and 6 days old. I went flying it this weekend and got a BAD CELL error on it-confirmed by their support. I contacted support and was told they will not make an exception on the 6-month warranty and the that I could just buy a new one ($160). I also spoke to a supervisor and emailed support to see if they could help me as it was just a few days past the 6-months. I was told by all three DJI reps that no exception can be made. I have spent over $10,000 on DJI products (Inspire 2, P4P) you can believe I'm not happy with them.

Their emails always include nice phrases such as "it is a pleasure" "your kind understanding" etc - so basically they are the nicest bad service I've experienced.

Actual DJI Response:
----------------
Hello,

A pleasant day to you!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Thank you so much for sending us an email and for letting us know the issue you are having with your drone's battery. This is certainly not the experience we want for you.

I do apologize for the inconvenience; however, the information provided indicates that the batteries are outside of the warranty period (6 months).

Because of the structure of battery, it cannot be repaired. If it is out of warranty and indeed dead, we will just replace it with a new one by charging you as the price of a new battery. If so, we don't suggest you send them back. You can buy a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded.
If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,

Carol
DJI Technical Support

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.