DJI stock props vs. DJI carbon props

Reaction score
Just watched a test video that showed the stock props hovered better than the carbon props. I have DJI carbon props on my P3P that came with it when I bought it. I also have a set of stock props.
1529962532164.jpg
Anyone experienced this? Thanks for the feedback.

Carbon Fiber props are garbage from everything I have read. Stay with the stock ones. Carbons are stiffer and more prone to damage. Wouldn't trust them at all. Granted, never tried, but from everything I have seen.......toss them. Just IMO.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Yip I been useing these on p4, I took them off,yes to rigid and not sure if I got original white ones cause they all vary in weight but the carbon Fibre seemed to be heavy on the motors where white ones that are lighter perform better,carbon weigh .96 and white ones I use now weigh .73 ,,I also got set for p3s while ago and they have no flex ,sounded good but that was it,,no longer a fan of these,
20180626_094921.jpg

1529964342667-1218347375.jpg
here some more I tried on p3,,set on left don't buy,they are solid ,,set on right not to bad because they flex but still did not like them

Carbon Fiber props are garbage from everything I have read. Stay with the stock ones. Carbons are stiffer and more prone to damage. Wouldn't trust them at all. Granted, never tried, but from everything I have seen.......toss them. Just IMO.
There's a lot of confusion on this topic.
Most CF props are hard carbon fibre and epoxy resin.
The DJI CF props are flexible. They are CF reinforced - not common hard black CF.
They are tougher and flex a little less but don't fly any better than the standard DJI props.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
The DJI CF props are flexible. They are CF reinforced - not common hard black CF.
Agreed. That was my point. There is a difference. And IMO, the stock is better suited, and not as rigid, as to make them less susceptible to any damage from impacts with insects and such which happen all the time.

20180626_120412.jpg
this is one from set on the right I posted above ,they flex but don't think they as good as originals,I can't do this with others or they snap

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl