Dji refurbished

My p4p+ is a refurbished bird absolutely no issues at all still has the same warranty from DJI as if you bought it brand new.

My p4p+ is a refurbished bird absolutely no issues at all still has the same warranty from DJI as if you bought it brand new.
True, if you buy it as a Refurb. However, if you received the Refurb as a replacement for a warranty issue or DJI Care claim, the warranty only lasts as long as the remaining warranty on the original aircraft. Why is this important to know? Here's why: Your new aircraft crashes 11 months after purchase and is totaled. You and DJI dispute the cause of the crash, which you believe to be a warranty issue. DJI offers you a 25% discount off MSRP on a replacement aircraft, and will be supplying a Refurb at that price, with only a 1 month remaining warranty (remainder of your 12 month original new warranty) not a new aircraft with a 12 month warranty. You should reject the offer! Buy a Refurb separately for about the same price (or a new aircraft at well less than MSRP---11 months later they are usually 25% off original MSRP anyway!) with a new 12 month warranty! :cool:

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind is that any warranty replacements or DJI Care replacements will all be Refurbs anyway, so you might as well save some money and start out with a Refurb from the beginning! :D

Well said. I bought refurb and it’s been perfect.

Just received a Mavic refurbished today. Seems like mint. So far, just a very small flight around the yard. Expecting much fun from this beauty.

I just purchased a refurbished p4p in october 2018.
The remote has a missing charge port flap and the p4p battery already has 10 charges.

Has anyone else had this before? Should I contact DJI or is this a common thing?
Thanks

I just purchased a refurbished p4p in october 2018.
The remote has a missing charge port flap and the p4p battery already has 10 charges.

Has anyone else had this before? Should I contact DJI or is this a common thing?
Thanks
I would contact them. From what DJI has said about the refirb process is that they take returned products and inspect them before offering for re-sale. A missing charge port flap should, you might expect, have been an issue that was rectified following the inspection. Im not so sure about the battery. Perhaps the prior owner needed 10+ flights to establish they didn't want to keep it?

My P3P was a factory refurbed unit from Drone Nerds, it was like a brand new unit. I have been flying it for 2+ years not a single issue. I have a Spark that was also a refurbed unit and again like new infactory packaging. I would buy with confidence. According to DJI, all refurbished units are factory inspected and tested. They also carry the same warranty as a factory new item and is eligible for care refresh.

My Mavic Air and P4P were not refurbed only because I bought them when they were first released. But if I were to purchase them today I would purchase a refurbed unit without hesitation. Make sure that you only buy a refurbed unit from DJI directly or an authorized DJI vendor.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
There have been comments from some here that the DJI refurbs were either new, in their opinion, or looked like new.
So true. I bought a refurbished phantom 4 dvanced and there was a gimbal motor problem right from the get go which they fixed but which means they didn’t even turn the drone on at the factory to see if it worked. I waited six weeks before I was able to fly and I did save some money right now the drone is perfect and flies great

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl