Dji refurbished

Reaction score
What are people’s experiences buying refurbished drones from DJI (Specifially phantom 4 pro)? Any people have issues? I work in video production and have my part 107 and am slightly concerned about utilizing a used drone for my business. Thanks!

My first was a p3s 'refurb' from drone nerds (dji usa seller), through eBay. I think it was actually NIB... iow, new!

Second one, a p3p, was bought through the classifieds here, excellent seller btw.

I've never had trouble from either... both look new and perform like new

Reactions: Mark The Droner
What are people’s experiences buying refurbished drones from DJI (Specifially phantom 4 pro)? Any people have issues? I work in video production and have my part 107 and am slightly concerned about utilizing a used drone for my business. Thanks!
I have a refurb P3 Pro. Albeit the box was a little tired, but the contents arrived like new. Accessories were all wrapped and brand new. It came with full warranty as new.

The thing about refurbs is these units were actually checked out by a human being before being shipped.

I think they're more solid than new. I had a new one that lost sensors mid-flight after about 25 flights and they replaced it with a refurb. Hasn't had a single glitch in two years.

I think they're more solid than new. I had a new one that lost sensors mid-flight after about 25 flights and they replaced it with a refurb. Hasn't had a single glitch in two years.
My sentiments exactly. Some posters have suggested DJI uses us as quality control. We test them and send back the defective drones. DJI makes the repair, then sells them back to us as a refurbished units at a discount.

Works for me!

My refurbished P3A was in as new condition and performed perfectly apart from a single small crack at one of the motor mount screws which I discovered after only 20 minutes flying time. It is now back with the seller for warranty repair.

People have issues with non refurbished new out of the box. What’s your concern? Refurbished carries the same warranty. Refurbished is just a product someone fiddled with and then decided to send it back for refund.

Reactions: Hounddog
I am planning on getting mine insured under a commercial plan. Anyone have issues getting commercial insurance on their refurbs?

I have had 5 refurb units so far and personally will never buy a new unit as the refurbs are packaged and labeled exactly as new and carry the same warranty. Not a single glitch to date with any of them - P3, P4, P4A, MP, P4P

Reactions: LarBear360
Something to keep in mind is that any warranty replacements or DJI Care replacements will all be Refurbs anyway, so you might as well save some money and start out with a Refurb from the beginning! :D

Reactions: livefreeanddrone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4