DJI pilot app for Android version 1.1.0

Just installed shows the director menu on main screen
Is say's Phantom 3 directory.. going to try on the bird

Hmmm No Maps

Boosh! Where the haters at now? Lol

Still 4/30/2015 in my timezone just as DJI promised.

Reactions: bbfpv
Installed. Just waiting on bird now! Will be here 5/2/2015 per FedEx. Borrowing my buds Android tab until the iOS version is released.

image.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
I gave the new app a quick run this morning. I'm actually a little concerned so far. First, I had some weird bugs with the altitude readings. It was either really delayed or not updating at all. For example, after take-off, I went up to around 100 ft (I could clear my roof) but it still said 12.5' for a while. Then after flying around for a while at a couple hundred feet I landed but still saw the 200' reading until power off.

Next were a couple camera issues. I started taking video but then saw the video button whited out. I didn't know if it was still capturing video or not but after recovering the UAV I saw that the video continued to run after it became unresponsive. I had hit the button a few times trying to get my recording back to no avail but then after I landed, it started recording video but wouldn't let me stop it. I finally stopped it by shutting down the P3.

I don't know if I was having signal issues or app issues but in any case I didn't have those problems with 1.0.10 yesterday. I'll keep testing it to see if any other issues develop. I'm curious to see if anyone else has tried this app and if they have similar issues. I also wonder if a firmware update is still due to work with the new app. In the "Firmware update" text on their website, it mentioned something about a firmware update coming soon along with the new app. Maybe I'm just ahead of things here?

I went back to 1.0.10. I can't get the video buttons to work right on 1.1.0. It's buggy... The second test I ran let me start video but then I lost all ability to stop the video or see how much I'd taken. It just whites out my controls. Video didn't stop until the UAV was landed and shut down.

I went back to 1.0.10. I can't get the video buttons to work right on 1.1.0. It's buggy... The second test I ran let me start video but then I lost all ability to stop the video or see how much I'd taken. It just whites out my controls. Video didn't stop until the UAV was landed and shut down.
Gonna take mine up this evening after work, I'll let you know if I experience the same stuff.

I think I saw the same thing on my first flight too
Unfortunately my tablet was washed out from the sun light so it was hard to see and I only had a 30% battery out of the box

How did you go back to the old version?

I think I saw the same thing on my first flight too
Unfortunately my tablet was washed out from the sun light so it was hard to see and I only had a 30% battery out of the box

How did you go back to the old version?
uninstall and get it from the play store.

Reactions: Turbazz
I have 2 devices a tablet and phone
Both are pretty much behaving the same way even though I only have the new software on my tablet.

One thing I did find interesting in both the old version and new version is the Menu options under settings are different after you connect your phone/tablet to the controller and it recognizes that is connected the Phantom 3

When I first open the app and go to settings (before connecting to the Phantom 3 controller for the first time) I see one set of menu options (assume for Inspire) as shown below
Screenshot_2015-05-01-13-14-12_zpsh9qx2528.png

But then when I connect it to the Phantom 3 the menus are different (specifically the camera options are missing and I can't find them elsewhere)
Screenshot_2015-05-01-13-15-14_zps2wway0hr.png

I have 2 devices a tablet and phone
Both are pretty much behaving the same way even though I only have the new software on my tablet.

One thing I did find interesting in both the old version and new version is the Menu options under settings are different after you connect your phone/tablet to the controller and it recognizes that is connected the Phantom 3

When I first open the app and go to settings (before connecting to the Phantom 3 controller for the first time) I see one set of menu options (assume for Inspire) as shown below
Screenshot_2015-05-01-13-14-12_zpsh9qx2528.png

But then when I connect it to the Phantom 3 the menus are different (specifically the camera options are missing and I can't find them elsewhere)
Screenshot_2015-05-01-13-15-14_zps2wway0hr.png
That's how its supposed to work, since both the p3 and inspire share the same app.

It's now a 120mb download, the previous one was about 45 if I remember right.
Maybe there are in effect two versions included?
There is probably minimal overhead from the code that determines which quad is connected. Biggest addition is the embedded Director app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31