DJI pilot app for Android version 1.1.0

That's how its supposed to work, since both the p3 and inspire share the same app.
Yes they share the same app but this is the first time I am hearing (or seeing) the app actually look different depending on what it is connected to
I understand we just got the version that officially supports the Phantom 3 but it was my assumption it would be the same app and functions the same as the Inspire
The reason this matters to me is one of those settings is what appears to turn on the telemetry data that is accessible to us.
Without that setting it does not appear I can get that data (separate thread going on that subject)

The apk is now available for install and upgrade to the new version. Not yet on android Playstore.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
Thanks for the quick link.
(lets beat that dead horse some more)
The Inspire1 has been out for how long now? Still no Ground Station and Follow Me. I Can't wait to get my P3p Due 5/5//2015 BUT... I am waiting with worms in my mouth for the above additions to come out for Pilot. How would you feel having bought the I1 and still be waiting for the promised updates.

Anyone notice this app killing the battery on your device?
It seems to me that I have to actually shut it down otherwise the battery gets eaten up even while the device is idle

Anyone notice this app killing the battery on your device?
It seems to me that I have to actually shut it down otherwise the battery gets eaten up even while the device is idle

While plugged in, the tx should be charging the phone/tablets battery. I don't notice the app eating up juice when it's not connected. I've been loading cashed video and using Director for awhile.

While plugged in, the tx should be charging the phone/tablets battery. I don't notice the app eating up juice when it's not connected. I've been loading cashed video and using Director for awhile.
Yesterday I had a full battery and only flew for about 15 minutes
Battery was dead this morning and when I plugged it back in said DJI Pilot was the top consumer
I will keep a closer eye on it and see whats up

I switched from my phone to a new Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I'm not seeing the camera issue any more but I am losing my video feed after about 10 minutes regardless of how far I am. It starts to cut out after a few minutes (stuttering) at which point I've always turned it around to start to head home. By the time I'm in my final landing approach I will have lost all video connection and will be landing by sight only. Even after I land a few feet away from me, the video will still be missing and the app will just say "DISCONNECTED".

Anyone see this issue or have any theories as to what could be going on? I feel like this is an issue with 1.1.0 as I kept a solid signal with 1.0.10. I updated the firmware this morning, but as I have no idea if it had any bug fixes or if it just allowed the quad to talk to iOS I'm not sure it'll have any impact.

As for people reporting battery life issues with their tablets... Make sure you close the app after flights. I think the app is designed to keep itself alive to prevent disconnection. It won't let the tablet sleep if it's open, which will zap the battery.

I switched from my phone to a new Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I'm not seeing the camera issue any more but I am losing my video feed after about 10 minutes regardless of how far I am. It starts to cut out after a few minutes (stuttering) at which point I've always turned it around to start to head home. By the time I'm in my final landing approach I will have lost all video connection and will be landing by sight only. Even after I land a few feet away from me, the video will still be missing and the app will just say "DISCONNECTED".

Anyone see this issue or have any theories as to what could be going on? I feel like this is an issue with 1.1.0 as I kept a solid signal with 1.0.10. I updated the firmware this morning, but as I have no idea if it had any bug fixes or if it just allowed the quad to talk to iOS I'm not sure it'll have any impact.

As for people reporting battery life issues with their tablets... Make sure you close the app after flights. I think the app is designed to keep itself alive to prevent disconnection. It won't let the tablet sleep if it's open, which will zap the battery.
Dave are you able to view/playback or sync your flight data? I've tried on 2 different devices and keep getting an error. Dunno if it's app version related or not. (I also posted this in the help section). Thanks

Dave are you able to view/playback or sync your flight data? I've tried on 2 different devices and keep getting an error. Dunno if it's app version related or not. (I also posted this in the help section). Thanks
I haven't tried on 1.1 but I know it worked on 1.0.10. I can try tonight when I'm home.

Nope :-(

No sync on 1.1. Fails at 90%ish

Last edited:
@davemex , did you ever resolve the video issue on your Nexus 7? I just ordered mine and you got me concerned if it's the right device (I have the P3 pro)

While I still wholeheartedly recommend the Nexus 7 2013 for the P3, I still do suffer disconnection problems with the video. From following these forums, I don't think it's a tablet based issue. I think this is something in the DJI software, either the app or the firmware. I have seen both iOS and Android users complaining about disconnection problems.

hi
plz help me
i have not 3
when i start download The DJi download site says "This app does not support Android OS version which is lower than 4.
my android is 4.3 ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers