DJI Pilot app crashes after android system update

Reaction score
My Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 automatically updated today to Lollypop 5.0.2. The tablet had been working great wth my P3A and I have had no problems once I learned a few basics. However, after the update, the DJI app crashed several times while I was flying. The screen just froze on both the camera and map,screen and none of the buttons on the DJI app would work. Buttons on the RC worked, and the RTH button on the RC worked. After a minute or so frozen, the app just closed. If I restarted, it would work okay for a minute and then freeze again. The videos I was trying to take also stopped when the app froze. Any ideas about what is wrong and what I can do about it? Is the current DJI app not compatible with Lollypop,5.0.2? Is there an update for the Android DajI app? My app says it's the current cersion, loaded 5/22. I'm afraid to fly again until,I figure this out. Thanks.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 automatically updated today to Lollypop 5.0.2. The tablet had been working great wth my P3A and I have had no problems once I learned a few basics. However, after the update, the DJI app crashed several times while I was flying. The screen just froze on both the camera and map,screen and none of the buttons on the DJI app would work. Buttons on the RC worked, and the RTH button on the RC worked. After a minute or so frozen, the app just closed. If I restarted, it would work okay for a minute and then freeze again. The videos I was trying to take also stopped when the app froze. Any ideas about what is wrong and what I can do about it? Is the current DJI app not compatible with Lollypop,5.0.2? Is there an update for the Android DajI app? My app says it's the current cersion, loaded 5/22. I'm afraid to fly again until,I figure this out. Thanks.
Sounds like an android update problem-- the update may be in conflict with the present app. the IOS version seems to be pretty stable, at least from my use.

For me I use an apple ipad mini 2. With those I've seen people with the same problem with there app crashibg and could be that your tablet is over heating. Just a thought. As for me running the ios side of things with the apple ipad mini 2 I've had no problems.

As much of a pain in the ….. it may be ,I always do a factory reset after a major software update on my android devices. The OS has to rebuild the apps to work with the update and if there are a large number of apps on the device it’s almost guaranteed that it will corrupt a few.

The same thing with my P3P and Galaxy s4 and 5.0.1 lollipop. Problems started 2 says ago, i am flying about 10 mins normaly and then pilot app starts to freeze until tottaly crashes. It worked normally with these android. I will try to reinstall app. ;(

Me its Android google.gapps, AND the app that crash about every 5 minutes, but it restart itself almost instantly...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl