DJI Phantom drone crash at the Grand Canyon

darwin-t said:
I cut out the stuff before they got to the Grand Canyon and posted it on Facebook as a public file..... :)

Thanks, bring it to the authorities attention why don't you. It was silly but drawing attention to it is just going to affect us all.

MrC said:
darwin-t said:
I cut out the stuff before they got to the Grand Canyon and posted it on Facebook as a public file..... :)

Thanks, bring it to the authorities attention why don't you. It was silly but drawing attention to it is just going to affect us all.

How is someone that breaks an existing regulation, in a country that is 5,000 miles away from you, going to affect you?

Simple. Draconian UAV laws get implemented in the US. Europe follows suit. It's already happening.

MrC said:
Simple. Draconian UAV laws get implemented in the US. Europe follows suit. It's already happening.

The UK already has laws that are draconian compared to the US.

Again, there are already regulations in place at the Grand Canyon that ban RC aircraft. What do you imagine would be a more draconian regulation beyond the existing banning with jail time and heavy fines for violation? Firing squad? Castration?

MrC said:
Presently your UAV laws/regulations are much more restrictive in the UK than in the US are they not?

Possibly for commercial use.

The more that bad practice with drones is publicized, the more draconian the laws will become, wherever it is. Just not doing ourselves any favours highlighting every bit of bad practice.

And how long do you expect the lack of FAA regs in the US to last? Especially with vids like these getting highlighted. Look at the reaction to the guy flying over manhattan. Very stupid, yes, but brought a lot of unwanted negative reaction to drones in general.

Whatever/wherever the regs are, they can all become more restrictive.

MrC said:
Whatever/wherever the regs are, they can all become more restrictive.

Ok, back to my previous question which remains unanswered. There are existing regs that ban RC aircraft in Grand Canyon National Park. The goofy video guy violated those.

How do you think that regulation could become more restrictive?

More areas restricted? Look, i'm not going to argue with you, I made my point, if you disagree, so be it.

MrC said:
More areas restricted? Look, i'm not going to argue with you, I made my point, if you disagree, so be it.

The whole area is already restricted so yeah, the only points you made were that you are unfamiliar with your own country's laws and that your hand waving about more restrictions based upon this one idiot violating existing regulations is unsupported by any facts or reason.

Whatever. If you can't see that bringing attention to bad drone practice may result in more regulation then that's your prerogative.

Personally, I hate seeing these bad drone vids highlighted for this reason.

MrC said:
may result in more regulation

It's interesting that you have changed your tune from "will" ("it is just going to affect us all" - "It's already happening" - 'the more draconian the laws will become" to "may."

I see what you did there.

There will be restrictive rules to govern this hobby and it's on the horizon. Its only a matter of time no matter where you live.

Now lets keep the post civil so I don't have to lock it down. ;)

MrC said:
darwin-t said:

Trust me, nobody in authority would ever find it in my FB account. It has scrolled down out of sight on my wall now and the way FB does things now, very few of my FB friends saw it either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl