DJI Phantom 4 Or Yuneec Typhoon H Both Going For Around $1700.00

Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding another drone to my 2 drone collection
So what do you guys think, I know it's a Phantom Pilots forum.
But that Yuneec Typhoon H has a lot more nicer feautures
So What Is It Going to be, It's either the Phantom 4, Yep I'm also waiting for March 1st release, Or Maybe Yuneec Typhoon H Both Going For Around $1700.00

Reactions: SCGENE
There hasn't been any new info. Its like flogging a dead horse at this stage with posts like this. Just wait a few more days

So What Is It Going to be, It's either the Phantom 4, Yep I'm also waiting for March 1st release, Or Maybe Yuneec Typhoon H
Since neither has been released and DJI haven't put out any details of their new machine, there's no right answer.
But Yuneec have already announced that their machine will be slow and have limited range.
It's a pretty safe bet that the new Phantom will be far better for speed and range.
Whether the cup holders or whatever other gimmicks and gadgets they put on it will make the new machine worth double the price of an advanced is still to be seen.

Yep that's why I'm holding off buying the Yuneec Typhoon H
Going to wait to see what DJI has to offer first, But I do like the retractable landing gear, and also the 360 degree rotating 4K camera on the Yuneec Typhoon H
Speed, and distance does not really matter to me, I also like to keep one eye on my drones at all times

Ps. Maybe I will just buy both and then do my own comparison on both of them. :)

Since neither has been released and DJI haven't put out any details of their new machine, there's no right answer.
But Yuneec have already announced that their machine will be slow and have limited range.
It's a pretty safe bet that the new Phantom will be far better for speed and range.
Whether the cup holders or whatever other gimmicks and gadgets they put on it will make the new machine worth double the price of an advanced is still to be seen.
Cup holders, man that's brilliant of DJI. I enjoyed that comment a lot.

Did Yuneec demo a beta version at CES too or was that just video?

If I already have a Phantom 3, I'd go with the Yuneec Typhoon H. What I personally find very appealing is that Intel invested millions, 60 million actually into Yuneec. IMO, Intel wouldn't have done that if they didn't see potential or liked what they saw. Not saying the "H" is the culmination of a 60 million dollar investment, but I think it shows promise...

Reactions: movius
Which one to buy... a product we know about but you can't get yet or a product we know nothing about?
Oh, that's easy. Go with the one you know nothing about. Less to get upset about.

Here's my P3S & P3 4K
Now I am on a wait and see what the P4 will bring to the table
But I went ahead and already advanced ordered the Yuneec Typhoon H

drones.jpg

Last edited:
Cup holders, man that's brilliant of DJI. I enjoyed that comment a lot.

Did Yuneec demo a beta version at CES too or was that just video?
Yes they demo the drone that will be available to all customers in March, At least we got to see it, and with all of it's new functions
They already taking advance orders on them, and yep I did do a advance order on one of them :)

If I already have a Phantom 3, I'd go with the Yuneec Typhoon H. What I personally find very appealing is that Intel invested millions, 60 million actually into Yuneec. IMO, Intel wouldn't have done that if they didn't see potential or liked what they saw. Not saying the "H" is the culmination of a 60 million dollar investment, but I think it shows promise...
Richard Branson invested millions in 3dr and we all know what happened there....
The Phantom 3....

Apples and Oranges....

Richard Branson invested his own money. Intel is a publicly traded corporation who has to answer to share holders and investors. They don't spend money on a whim. There has to be good reason for them to invest and spend on something...

What happened to 3DR? Near as I can tell they are still in business with people still buying their product and were at the 2016 CIS showing off stuff...3DR CES 2016 Announcements | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Richard Branson invested millions in 3dr and we all know what happened there....
The Phantom 3....

The solo was to be the phantom killer, unfortunately I fear the same will happen for the H.
Its next to impossible to beat a billion dollar company that can produce what they do with their many years expertise in this market. Dji are around a lot longer than people think and they are 2 years at least ahead of any of their competition and I can see it staying like that for 3-5 years at least.

I'm thinking about adding another drone to my 2 drone collection
So what do you guys think, I know it's a Phantom Pilots forum.
But that Yuneec Typhoon H has a lot more nicer feautures
So What Is It Going to be, It's either the Phantom 4, Yep I'm also waiting for March 1st release, Or Maybe Yuneec Typhoon H Both Going For Around $1700.00

Two things.

I will have both.

Where did you get the idea that the Typhoon H has a lot more functions?

Yep that's why I'm holding off buying the Yuneec Typhoon H
Going to wait to see what DJI has to offer first, But I do like the retractable landing gear, and also the 360 degree rotating 4K camera on the Yuneec Typhoon H
Speed, and distance does not really matter to me, I also like to keep one eye on my drones at all times

Ps. Maybe I will just buy both and then do my own comparison on both of them. :)

Another thing I've never got. I understand that the Inspire CAN if you want it to, have a better camera than the X3 but why would one rather have an electronic PAN than an organic one???

This is basic cinematography. If you're a still photographer it shouldn't matter but when you are turning a camera for a pan, it isn't done electronically, it's done by a camera op, either on a platter, or on a dolly if it's an orbital shot. Now I own an Inspire V2 and a Phantom 3, and a couple others and I'll take the organic turn any day over the electric one.

These exist for a reason, and yes, they could be electronic if they wanted them to be:

Zebra_Circle_LG.jpg

And for people wanting a zoom so bad instead of something we actually need. This is what we pay for on the ground to not get the electronic feel of even an optical zoom. Optical zooms are good for sports or things you want to get in the way distance for a still photographer than you just can't get to. If you want a digital zoom, you don't belong in photography.

Here is your zoom all over the world.
D7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DJI coughs 60 million dollars when it has a cold and is getting money from FaceBook, DropBox and Accell to name a few. That Real Sense was NOT started by Intel and the original makers of that technology are from, you guessed it, China where they have vey strange IP laws compared to how we know them. Intel is not going to be running things when it comes to the drones. A lot of players in the mix here as they know the future of the world is level flying.

Here it was evaluated at 10 billion dollars and by the way Intel (among others) have a stake in DJI. This is coming from someone that will DEFINITELY own both. In fact my Typhoon H is not that far from being in my possession and God willing DJI will release the Phantom the week after or of their announcement. Never understand why these companies don't do that. Wasted publicity.

Drone maker DJI nabs $75 million in funding at a $10 billion valuation

I want this one anyhow:

You are misquoting the article which makes me question the validity of your other statement regarding who created "Real Sense"

The article you point to doesn't say Facebook or Dropbox invested in DJI. It states "Accel" (which is a Venture Capital Co.) who invested in Dropbox and Facebook is investing in DJI. Thats quite a bit different than what you state.

So share your source that states "Real Sense" was not created by Intel but by some Chinese Company...

DJI coughs 60 million dollars when it has a cold and is getting money from FaceBook, DropBox and Accell to name a few. That Real Sense was NOT started by Intel and the original makers of that technology are from, you guessed it, China where they have vey strange IP laws compared to how we know them. Intel is not going to be running things when it comes to the drones. A lot of players in the mix here as they know the future of the world is level flying.

Here it was evaluated at 10 billion dollars and by the way Intel (among others) have a stake in DJI. This is coming from someone that will DEFINITELY own both. In fact my Typhoon H is not that far from being in my possession and God willing DJI will release the Phantom the week after or of their announcement. Never understand why these companies don't do that. Wasted publicity.

Drone maker DJI nabs $75 million in funding at a $10 billion valuation

I want this one anyhow:

You are misquoting the article which makes me question the validity of your other statement regarding who created "Real Sense"

The article you point to doesn't say Facebook or Dropbox invested in DJI. It states "Accel" (which is a Venture Capital Co.) who invested in Dropbox and Facebook is investing in DJI. Thats quite a bit different than what you state.

So share your source that states "Real Sense" was not created by Intel but by some Chinese Company...
You are correct that I misquoted the article as I zipped it but for who invented real sense, it was a MAN in China many years ago. If you want to fine oh about it, go search the Internet. I'm not your do boy.

This is from a few years ago and it goes further back and has nothing to do with Intel.

Nobutuba Photography.

What happened to 3DR? Near as I can tell they are still in business with people still buying their product and were at the 2016 CIS showing off stuff...3DR CES 2016 Announcements | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

For now. 3DR was a product for people who wanted a better platform for flying their GoPro. There's likely soon to be a much better option for that, and who knows if GoPro will continue to license camera control abilities to 3DR.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl