DJI Phantom 4 Or Yuneec Typhoon H Both Going For Around $1700.00

I'm having a VERY difficult time seeing these monsters buzzing overhead....... until AT LEAST 2075 or so.

th

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
Taking 1099 deep breaths and after 3 Phantoms I am going to buy a Yuneec Typhoon H. I am a very timid flyer not interested in speed or distance but only want a stable aerial platform. The three big pluses for me with the Yuneec are the folding legs which means I can just rotate the camera rather than the whole airframe with yaw. The on board microphone which gives me actuality sound albeit being mostly prop noise). The importing base is here in the UK and is under an hour from me. After sales has always been a big thing with me with any electronic equipment. My main worries are reliability all the DJI Phantoms have been 100% reliable and I have flown them with great confidence. The Yuneec Typhoon is an unknown quantity and remains so despite the advertising blurb. It is of course possible that my next Phantom 4 will cost me over £2000!

After seeing the USD price, I'm buying an "H" as well. I've got both a Q500 4k and P3A. I'll probably wind with both an "H" and P4... But the Typhoon "H" will come first

Taking 1099 deep breaths and after 3 Phantoms I am going to buy a Yuneec Typhoon H. I am a very timid flyer not interested in speed or distance but only want a stable aerial platform. The three big pluses for me with the Yuneec are the folding legs which means I can just rotate the camera rather than the whole airframe with yaw. The on board microphone which gives me actuality sound albeit being mostly prop noise). The importing base is here in the UK and is under an hour from me. After sales has always been a big thing with me with any electronic equipment. My main worries are reliability all the DJI Phantoms have been 100% reliable and I have flown them with great confidence. The Yuneec Typhoon is an unknown quantity and remains so despite the advertising blurb. It is of course possible that my next Phantom 4 will cost me over £2000!

I'm thinking about adding another drone to my 2 drone collection
So what do you guys think, I know it's a Phantom Pilots forum.
But that Yuneec Typhoon H has a lot more nicer feautures
So What Is It Going to be, It's either the Phantom 4, Yep I'm also waiting for March 1st release, Or Maybe Yuneec Typhoon H Both Going For Around $1700.00

H is going for S1299 and the P4 is $1399

H is going for S1299 and the P4 is $1399
I think that's the basic version. The one I want isn't 1299

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

New information, 42 mph object tracking and 5000 foot WiFi uplink range... new "push button" detachable props and a completely new camera sensor and camera optics!! I'm anxiously awaiting the comparison reviews before buying a Phantom 4 or the Typhoon H.. Shipping next week!!

Going to remain loyal to Phantom. 1 mile max range on Typhoon is a deal breaker for me.
I don't think you went wrong going well th th Phantom 4. I'm not making a choice until both birds are out.

Going to remain loyal to Phantom. 1 mile max range on Typhoon is a deal breaker for me.
Is against the law and good sense to fly much beyond visual sight

Sure you can see what the camera show you, but you have no spatial awareness of space the quad is occupying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GoodnNuff
As much as I like the design of the Typhoon H,, the WiFi connection, even supercharged, disappoints me. I've watched the lead in for its features such as follow me, point of interest, etc,,, which are dependent at this time on following the controller and not a sophisticated camera based system like the P4. *maybe with RealSense imaging the Typhoon H can compete if injunction Is denied* Lightbridge,, a 4th generation design I'm used to hand catching and using from a boat,, and sophisticated new image based software features cannot be denied. I can't wait any longer, I'm going with the Phantom 4. DJI can learn something from the Typhoon's 360 rotating camera and hex-copter design for the money... But, Yuneec can learn much, much more from DJI's remarkable Lightbridge and 3-D imaging technologies. Looking forward to receiving my new Phantom 4. Start watching at about the 4:19 point for actual demonstration of Typhoon H features..

There is a later video on delivery on the Yuneec forum. The DJI option is tried and tested and reliable and known so buying the P4 will not be wrong. If as I do you think that just turning the camera and not the whole quadcopter with the addition of recording sound then the Yunnec is the only answer short of buying an Inspire

Just flying around and stuff sounds fun. But the thing that really matters for me is the camera. With nearly similar flight abilities, image quality is a big concern for me and camera tests should lead to my decision. There are some rumors that yuneec will never meet the dji phantom 4 standard, especially looking at corner sharpness or distortion. Any means or comments on that?
May be important to mention: I'm interested in still photography.

It appears there are some major delays in deliveries of the H. Read on Yuneec's forum a number of people canceling orders and buying the phantom 4 due to all the delays.

and:

both videos show the differences in color of the camera of both drones.
Can't decide which one is better, but slightly prefer phantom4...

and:

both videos show the differences in color of the camera of both drones.
Can't decide which one is better, but slightly prefer phantom4...
That's pretty much irrelevant. Can likely be tweaked on camera and can certainly be tweaked by post processing.

If you are a photographer you are looking at Dynamic Range and sharpness - neither of which are easy to fix in post. DJI has a 'pseudo RAW' movie setting D-LOG where contrast and gamma are purposely left mostly alone so you have more lattitude in post. Whether that works all that well is another thread (TL;DR - like most DJI stuff, it sort of works, has big holes). We will need some brick wall movies to look at the lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj