DJI Phantom 3 VS Great Dane

Reaction score
So the usual thing happens, I pull out the bird and then I am surrounded by 25-90 year old kids, and I pretty much spend the time answering questions. Today I was flying, when I realised this kid was staring up at me not saying a word. So I knelt down to show him, while I was showing him, I was not paying attention to my surroundings... yip I know... suddenly this MASSIVE Great Dane came up from behind and attacked the P3. No idea how he did not get it, everyone said it was CLOSE. Fortunately, I throttled up just in time, by fluke I pushed the C1 button, set to control the camera angle, so it shows the HORSE running away again.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
THANKS :) I am in South Africa for 6 months before heading back to UK. Yes it is stunning, Cape Town South Africa.

Reactions: bobmyers
Reaction score
On a 1 to 10 scale of really great videos, you get an 11.

I love it... your face... the outcome. Couldn't have been any better.

Thanks for sharing. :D:D:D:D:D

EDIT:
And you gotta love the Great Dane, all he/she was thinking "There's an alien, I gotta get it before it gets that child". LOL, must love dogs.

Reaction score
That's probably the best aerial video I've seen aside from the fireworks vid from last summer. The zoom-in on your reaction is priceless. Nice work!

Reaction score
You should be an actor. Nice reactions. I once had a dog unexpectedly run up to my quad when it was on the ground, idling. I know we might worry about damage to a quad from such an animal, but if a dog tried to pick up a quad with the props spinning it would be very messy. All the quad would need would be a wipe down and it would be fine:D. Not true for the animal. In my case I did not have the opportunity to take off (it might have made things worse), I just screamed at the dog instead which luckily startled it enough to make it scamper off.:eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UAmetry