DJI Phantom 3 support is useless

Any first level support is triage and it's unreasonable to expect them to know everything about everything. Besides, I have talked to Max before via chat and he was very helpful.

I think they all use the name Max and it could even be the name of their automatic chat answer software ;)

I called DJI support, while having a problem with the 1.19 firmware update.
I told the tech "Max" several times, that the controller wasn't updating, and lost it's link to the aircraft.
I told him that the txt file stated that it said that it was already using the latest firmware.
The txt file stated this.
I also told him that I updated a week ago to the 1.18 firmware.
He told me to keep retrying the update. I told him that I had tried 3 times.
He constantly tried to end the call with statements like "I will have to speak with the repair team", "I will email you instructions on how to do the update", etc.
I told him MANY times that I followed the video, and written instructions.
It was like he wasn't listening to anything that I was saying.
He kept trying to end the call.
I finally got tired of him saying the same thing over and over and over, so I told him that I would wait for his email.
Since I got absolutely no where with this call, I decided to check out the Phantom forums, from OTHER web sites.

Here is what I found.

If you have the 1.18 firmware, the controller does NOT need to be upgraded.
I also found that trying to upgrade the firmware, on the controller caused the controller to lose it's link to the phantom.
After re-linking the controller, everything was fine.

It is VERY sad that in order to get half decent support, you have to go to other forums.
It appears that DJI support is more interested in finishing a call, rather than resolving problems.
It seems that DJI would know that the firmware for the controller was not necessary, rather than having me retry it over and over.

This reflects very poorly on DJI, as a company.
I know 2 people that have the P2 Vision Plus, that have decided to skip DJI quads, and go with the 3DR Solo, when it is released.

Way to lose business "DJI"
Keep providing substandard support, and soon you may not have to worry about support calls.
Before I upgraded I read the notes at the DJI website that said the controller did not need to be upgraded. So I only updated the quad. Works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1