DJI Phantom 3 Standard Signal Range Extender

Reaction score
I was thinking of installing a Signal Range Extender on my DJI Phantom 3 Standard.What would be the best one to put on..Any recommendations and tips appreciated..

I went with the Alfa antennas, mostly based on cost, and the fact that I've seen a couple of guys getting over 15,000 feet out of them. I haven't fully test them yet. It was about half the price ($32.00 U.S.) of Argtek. I didn't want to put much money into a cheap P3s. There are many threads here on all of the various mods, and many opinions on which one is "best".

There is a place close to me that sells ITELITE DBS Range Extender Antenna ITE-DBS01.2..Any thoughts on this one..I can get it in 2 days .

It is the one I have on my Standard and it works well for me. I have had it out over 12500 feet with the extender.

I got the Itelite DBS recently for my P3 4k. It definitely adds considerable distance. Without it, I was VERY disappointed with the range. I barely got 450 meters even with the foil things on (they don't do much, IMO). Where I fly, along the Potomac River outside of DC, there are always trees and other obstructions between the controller and the P3, which doesn't help. I need to find a way to strap the P3 to my kayak and go out to a rock island out in the middle of the river.

For the P3S I've watched videos on this one. What does anyone think of it? I just know this weekend I barley made it over a 1/4 mile :-(
BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit by ARGtek

https://www.amazon.com/BlueProton-P...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WEMGRHTXQQWQXHZ9E80T

I've been quite pleased with the Itelite DBS. I've gotten over a mile and haven't really tested the full range. Hard to say how far out I could get if I was on a high bluff or mountaintop. I've been flying a lot along a wide river recently. While I have a fairly clear view between the controller over the river, there are a lot of trees around. If I'm flying really low I'll start to lose signal at about the 1 mile mark or less, so I typically increase altitude as I approach that distance. It's best not to have a lot of trees and other obstacles close to you (and the controller), but I'm still pretty impressed with the distance even when I'm in an obstructed area.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl