DJI PHANTOM 3 STANDARD FLIGHT SIMULATOR

Reaction score
I received my DJI 3 standard before Christmas and have been watching and reading about my drome. Ordered landing gear stabilizers , prop guards , 3- replacement battey's , backpack and a few other things. Waiting for my tablet mount to arrive, so while waiting I have done the IMU calibrating , the compass and all the updates firmware and bigger Micro SD card up dates..

I now want to use the p-3 -s flight simulator, but can not locate where to turn it on, is this in a different app.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP.

You can find it here in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Flight-Simulator.png

Thank you for the information, some times it is very hard to get good information and where to find it. Now I got it turned on, I need to learn what to do to turn the fight simulator off. My controller says "FIGHT SIMULATOR ACTIVE. RESTART AIRCRAFT" evrything I do does not work. What steps do I need to turn off the fight simulator to my Phantom 3 standard.??

Thank you for the information, some times it is very hard to get good information and where to find it. Now I got it turned on, I need to learn what to do to turn the fight simulator off. My controller says "FIGHT SIMULATOR ACTIVE. RESTART AIRCRAFT" evrything I do does not work. What steps do I need to turn off the fight simulator to my Phantom 3 standard.??

Turn off your mobile device and restart your aircraft?

Suggest when aircraft is ON but not flying - place a small fan to blow cooling air at model, gimbal and especially camera.

They get hot when no airflow to cool them as in flight.

I have a small PC based fan runs of 5v - actually sold to fit to electric boat motors to cool them. It is fitted to a base board I stand the P3S on .... power to it is a standard RC Rx NiMh pack and switch.

Nigel

For anyone else looking, I found this video yesterday. I wanted to have my wife try in the simulator first. From what I saw, this bird will be a no wife zone bird.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
For anyone else looking, I found this video yesterday. I wanted to have my wife try in the simulator first. From what I saw, this bird will be a no wife zone bird.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You might be surprised, I have found that my wife does better at some things because they do not have the egos that some men have and can focus on what they are doing rather than who they are going to out do.

You might be surprised, I have found that my wife does better at some things because they do not have the egos that some men have and can focus on what they are doing rather than who they are going to out do.

My post was not a sexist one. She tried the simulator and could not control the drone. I am not keeping her away from the drone cause she is a woman. I am keeping it away cause she will crash it.

My wifes complete lack of situational awareness precludes her from doing things that may or may not operate using the "Z" axis. She is well aware of this as am I and it's just O.K. with both of us. :)

Tobby

I have the Phantom 3 standard and when I did the flight simulator it didn't look anything like that there was a little grassy area where I took off and the rest was just Grey how do I get mine to look like that or is it just on the other versions

Sent from my 831C using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the Phantom 3 standard and when I did the flight simulator it didn't look anything like that there was a little grassy area where I took off and the rest was just Grey how do I get mine to look like that or is it just on the other versions

Sent from my 831C using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same for me with a P3S and DJI Go 3.1.1. Not a lot of detail in the simulator. No grass looking area. The simulator does work. Its just kinda plain and boring.

Same for me with a P3S and DJI Go 3.1.1. Not a lot of detail in the simulator. No grass looking area. The simulator does work. Its just kinda plain and boring.

It's very plain and boring, but the controls are pretty accurate. I did notice it looks a little different in the iOS app on my iPad mini and on my phone with is a Galaxy S7 Edge. Actually, the entire DJI GO app looks different between the two.

The simulator is great for controlled flights, examples:stick time, functionality, mobility of the AC, and safety procedures. It might not be the best thing to "look at" but it's not meant to be pretty. It's there to perfect your skills before real time flying, keeping you, others, and the AC safe.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31