P3 Firmware Dji Phantom 3 Pro App issue

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive had a Dji Phantom 3 Pro for a few years now (think since 2016?) and its been in storage for a while. It use to work just fine but I packed it out the other day and cannot get it to connect to the Dji Go app.

I can operate and fly the drone as a standard RC, but not using the app.

A short list of things Ive tried:
- Reset Drone and re-link to remote
- Tried the Dji Go 4 app (for drones after P4) as well as the normal Dji Go app (for drones before P4)
- Tried a Samsung S6+, a Samsung A30 and a iPad mini
- Tried different cables for all phones above
- Update Firmware on drone (Confirmed its on the current available version)
- update Firmware on Remote (Does not initiate the firmware update when trying to do it on remote, simply boots on as normal)
- tried to update remote through Phantom 3 USB as well with same outcome as above.
- Tried android phone on developer option for USB debugging ON as well as OFF
- Tried android phone in 'Flight mode'
- Tried android phone in 'Flight mode' with Wifi on
- Tried android phone in 'Flight mode' With mobile network disabled and Wifi on as well as off
- Opened remote and re soldered the USB port in case of a dry joint (Was no dry joint, but still re soldered any way)
- Posted on the DJI forum with little no responses and the responses I did was generic answers like reset or new cables...

To this point I can only fly the drone on a remote, as with a normal RC AC. Its works but without any of the benefits of a DJI drone...

Any solutions would be HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks
DroneZilla

Hi,

Ive had a Dji Phantom 3 Pro for a few years now (think since 2016?) and its been in storage for a while. It use to work just fine but I packed it out the other day and cannot get it to connect to the Dji Go app.

- Tried the Dji Go 4 app (for drones after P4) as well as the normal Dji Go app (for drones before P4)
- update Firmware on Remote (Does not initiate the firmware update when trying to do it on remote, simply boots on as normal)
- tried to update remote through Phantom 3 USB as well with same outcome as above.
- Tried android phone in 'Flight mode' With mobile network disabled and Wifi on as well as off
- Opened remote and re soldered the USB port in case of a dry joint (Was no dry joint, but still re soldered any way)
- Posted on the DJI forum with little no responses and the responses I did was generic answers like reset or new cables...

To this point I can only fly the drone on a remote, as with a normal RC AC. Its works but without any of the benefits of a DJI drone...

Thanks
DroneZilla
Just an educated guess based on how often we've seen this, but I'd say chances are that a component on your RC's USB board is bad. We've seen this to be especially true after periods of non use.
Do you happen to have a 300A RC?
Does the app show something like ‘no signal’ or ‘disconnected’ or ‘no image transmission’ at the top?
You can replace the board or try to fix it yourself.
Read through this post if you are mechanically inclined.

Last edited:
Just an educated guess based on how often we've seen this, but I'd say chances are that a component on your RC's USB board is bad. We've seen this to be especially true after periods of non use.
Do you happen to have a 300A RC?
Does the app show something like ‘no signal’ or ‘disconnected’ or ‘no image transmission’ at the top?
Read through this post if you are mechanically inclined.
Yes I have the GL300A controller. Thanks Im checking out that thread now

Reactions: Oso
Hi,

Thanks
DroneZilla
I had same problem I replaced the USB board on the back of the controller. Works good now. It's not hard to replace and doesn't cost much.

This is what worked for me. DONT update anything just set your drone out in the open grab a chair sit down with your remote with cell phone plugged into it. Start the app turn on the drone if the app doesent recognize the drones turned on. Turn everything off and do it again and again and again mix it up sometimes turn the drone on first then the remote it took me 8 times until it hooked up to the app and for the camera to work. That was with three months in the case without checking on it. My drone is a Dji phantom 3 pro.

Reactions: DroneZilla
Sorry I have been away from a while. I hope you found the board and got your problem solved. If not it is the USB board inside this panel.

Attachments

• P3 Control.jpg
    P3 Control.jpg
    889.6 KB · Views: 176
Hi,

Thanks
DroneZilla
This has been asked but I don't see where you answered Does the app show something like ‘no signal’ or ‘disconnected’ or ‘no image transmission’ at the top?

This has been asked but I don't see where you answered Does the app show something like ‘no signal’ or ‘disconnected’ or ‘no image transmission’ at the top?
The easiest fix before u did all the other stuff is to SIMPLY keep turning the drone and controller off and on it might take 15 times also exit out of the app each time.
Step#1 plug in USB cord to phone from controller.
#2 turn on controller (dji app should automaticaly pop up)
#3 turn on drone
Keep repeating over and over. It took mine 12 times before it hooked up to the app with video & pics.
Hopefully you didn't mess anything up from the repairs you tried.

The easiest fix before u did all the other stuff is to SIMPLY keep turning the drone and controller off and on it might take 15 times also exit out of the app each time.
Step#1 plug in USB cord to phone from controller.
#2 turn on controller (dji app should automaticaly pop up)
#3 turn on drone
Keep repeating over and over. It took mine 12 times before it hooked up to the app with video & pics.
Hopefully you didn't mess anything up from the repairs you tried.
Oops I already replied to this. Also it took 12 times not the 8 I stated in the first reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic