DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4k gimbal fan broken!

Reaction score
Hi. I have had a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced for quite a while and decided to upgrade the camera to the Pro one so that I can take better video. I ordered it from Ebay and was told it was in working condition
However,upon arrival today, I noticed that the cables connecting to the fan were cut off, thus the fan should not work at all. Yeah, shame on me for not checking the pics properly

I tried opening the gimbal to see if I could repair it, although there's a single screw preventing me from removing the top part that I don't have the bit for.

So I am wondering, is it fine to record in 4k without the gimbal for short periods of time?
Also, how would I solder on a replacement fan to the board? And what bit would I need to unscrew that single one holding the top plate?

Hi. I have had a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced for quite a while and decided to upgrade the camera to the Pro one so that I can take better video. I ordered it from Ebay and was told it was in working condition
However,upon arrival today, I noticed that the cables connecting to the fan were cut off, thus the fan should not work at all. Yeah, shame on me for not checking the pics properly

I tried opening the gimbal to see if I could repair it, although there's a single screw preventing me from removing the top part that I don't have the bit for.

So I am wondering, is it fine to record in 4k without the gimbal for short periods of time?
Also, how would I solder on a replacement fan to the board? And what bit would I need to unscrew that single one holding the top plate?
It is well known that the P3P gimbal top (main) board is prone to overheating which is why we routinely tell people to use a small house fan of some type blowing on the gimbal when updating FW or using the simulator. Granted some say that the small P3P gimbal fan is close to useless and not much more than decorative, but I for one would still be worried about recording 4k video with no gimbal fan at all.

Reactions: JoBe
I have already ordered a replacement fan, although I really would like to know the bit size for that single screw as I don't want to try to accidentally widen it any further, making it completely stuck.
I am also not the best solderer in the world so this is gonna be challenging

You should "open a case" with e bay in regards to the item being, "Not As Described".. it's a shame people advertise things in working order, when they're not. You may get some or all of your money back.. PM me, I can help you if you like.. Here's e bay's number for starts.. (866)-540-3229 give em a call & explain, They're very helpful in matters of this.

Reactions: JoBe and Magniko

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4