Dji phantom 3 gimbal problem

Reaction score
Hey guys brand new to the dji community and I was flying my new phantom 3 advanced and happened to crash into a tree. The rig fell about 25 feet and now the gimbal will not tilt and the image is very shakey. The camera still records. Please any tips and help would be appreciated. Please see attached video above of gimbal upon start up after crash.

Hey guys brand new to the dji community and I was flying my new phantom 3 advanced and happened to crash into a tree. The rig fell about 25 feet and now the gimbal will not tilt and the image is very shakey. The camera still records. Please any tips and help would be appreciated. Please see attached video above of gimbal upon start up after crash.
What steps have you taken? Did you do a gimbal calibration following the crash. Check the gimbal arm set screw to make sure it is tight.

What steps have you taken? Did you do a gimbal calibration following the crash. Check the gimbal arm set screw to make sure it is tight.
I have done the gimbal calibration multiple times since the crash gimbal status says ok, there's no visual damage to the arm and all the screws are tight. Both the vertical and horizontal bolts are in the correct position and there seems to be no damage to the flex wire The camera could be on the start position but any vibration causes the camera to drop straight down

I have done the gimbal calibration multiple times since the crash gimbal status says ok, there's no visual damage to the arm and all the screws are tight. Both the vertical and horizontal bolts are in the correct position and there seems to be no damage to the flex wire The camera could be on the start position but any vibration causes the camera to drop straight down
Sounds like the gimbal is slipping on the shaft-- did you get any gimbal overload messages? May be a gimbal replacement issue.

Sounds like the gimbal is slipping on the shaft-- did you get any gimbal overload messages? May be a gimbal replacement issue.
No gimbal overload messages, on start up the gimbal gimbal rocks side to side like normal however the camera doesnt rotate. I seem to have control in 2 camera positions but as soon as i go to 90 degrees it locks in that position and it no longer responds to the controller. does any one have any clue how much this might cost to correct?

No gimbal overload messages, on start up the gimbal gimbal rocks side to side like normal however the camera doesnt rotate. I seem to have control in 2 camera positions but as soon as i go to 90 degrees it locks in that position and it no longer responds to the controller. does any one have any clue how much this might cost to correct?
That is a great question-- You may only be looking at ribbon cable connection and you could be looking at gimbal replacement. You may have to send it to an authorized dealer to get it repaired where it will work.

I don't recall reading any thread that detailed this specific gimbal problem. Hopefully, some one else will chime in here.

That is a great question-- You may only be looking at ribbon cable connection and you could be looking at gimbal replacement. You may have to send it to an authorized dealer to get it repaired where it will work.

I don't recall reading any thread that detailed this specific gimbal problem. Hopefully, some one else will chime in here.
Hey Bud, I just got off the phone with DJI after multiple attempts to contact them I tried RC calibration,gimbal calibration, compass calibration and imu calibration still no response from controller to gimbal. And the gimbal actually gets pretty hot and has a sort of clicking sound and sounds like a computer fan running fast. They said the gimbal should not get hot so they're making me send it in. I've only has this for about 3 weeks. :(

Hey Bud, I just got off the phone with DJI after multiple attempts to contact them I tried RC calibration,gimbal calibration, compass calibration and imu calibration still no response from controller to gimbal. And the gimbal actually gets pretty hot and has a sort of clicking sound and sounds like a computer fan running fast. They said the gimbal should not get hot so they're making me send it in. I've only has this for about 3 weeks. :(
That hurts-- -- others had reported clicking noises on the forum and most of these were resolved by tightening the set screws.
Check this thread out before you send it back
Gimbal freaking out at startup

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT