DJI phantom 3 controller set up issue

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i have a DJI phantom 3 advanced and i am trying to bind it with a Jumper T8SG. Can anyone tell me, is it possible to bind a professional remote to the DJI phantom 3 or does it have to be a phantom 3 remote?
I have a DJI phantom 2 remote and tried pairing that but had no luck

If it is possible to pair another controller with the drone then can someone please tell me what protocol is used by the receiver

Hi Guys,

i have a DJI phantom 3 advanced and i am trying to bind it with a Jumper T8SG. Can anyone tell me, is it possible to bind a professional remote to the DJI phantom 3 or does it have to be a phantom 3 remote?
I have a DJI phantom 2 remote and tried pairing that but had no luck

If it is possible to pair another controller with the drone then can someone please tell me what protocol is used by the receiver
No. You must use the appropriate DJI Phantom 3 remote.

@alext572,
Welcome to the Forum!

You are trying to do what? ;)
P3A-P3P Yes I think?, P3S, P2 Nope

Rod

my father purchased a DJI Phantom advanced and it did not come with a remote

i can power it on but was wondering if i would be able to bind any other remote up to it. I thought i read somewhere else that a phantom 2 remote could link to it but had no luck

Reactions: RodPad
Nope not a P2,

Can anybody confirm a P3P Remote will work with A P3A Phantom?
I'm pretty sure that is your only option...

Rod

I found four listings on eBAY pretty quick, all stating P3A/P Remotes.
Found a couple stating P3 or P4, hum, I'm really not sure about that statement. :rolleyes:

Rod

P3A requires a P3A / P3P remote.

No other remote will work.

Reactions: RodPad
The problem with attempting to use a different controller is the DJI api used on the drone. The controller needs to speak that language in order to work.

@alext572,

I knew you would get some answers.:)

Rod

I learned about the GL300C version 1 the hard way. Bought it thinking it was a gl300c. Tried for well over an hour to get it to link to a P3P. Would not work. Did a search on this forum and found out about the newer version 1. LOTS of wisdom on this forum ??

Can anyone help please, first time set up, putting parring code into phone but says it’s the wrong one. The app said it’s 12341234

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.