DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Gimble

Reaction score
Hi there. I recently bought a broken phantom 3 advanced, since my standard flew away and DJI did not replace.... I've got the quad working however the gimble doesn't balance itself when switched on, the arm seems to be bent also.

See video, the first few seconds are black as I couldn't switch on and hold up the gimble, clicking is from phone microphone.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Would it be fixable with just buying a generic kit like this?

For DJI Phantom 3 Pro & Adv Camera Gimble Part Repair Yaw Arm Roll Arm Cover Hot | eBay

Thanks

Hi there. I recently bought a broken phantom 3 advanced, since my standard flew away and DJI did not replace.... I've got the quad working however the gimble doesn't balance itself when switched on, the arm seems to be bent also.

See video, the first few seconds are black as I couldn't switch on and hold up the gimble, clicking is from phone microphone.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Would it be fixable with just buying a generic kit like this?

For DJI Phantom 3 Pro & Adv Camera Gimble Part Repair Yaw Arm Roll Arm Cover Hot | eBay

Take a look at the video from post "I fixed my tilted gimbal" under the phantom 3 section. It show how you may be able to straighten out the camera. In the video it is a phantom2, but I know that the same principle applies to the 3. In fact, you will find a video of the same thing with a 3 if you search long and hard.

The kit is a good option to, however they don't all come with an OEM ribbon cable, and that sometimes can be an issue. So you may want to ask for OEM ribbon cable or buy it separate from DJI.

Shouldn't be to hard to fix, but be very careful with all the motor ribbons and connectors. Watch a few videos on how to take them apart until you are comfortable with it. The connectors have a black or grey latch that you hinge to open/close.

Thanks

Thanks
Take a look at the video from post "I fixed my tilted gimbal" under the phantom 3 section. It shows how you may be able to straighten out the camera. In the video, it is a phantom 2, but I know that the same principle applies to the 3. In fact, you will find a video for the 3 if you search long and hard.

The kit is a good option too, however they don't all come with an OEM ribbon cable, and sometimes can be an issue. So you may want to ask for OEM ribbon cable or buy it separate from DJI.

Shouldn't be to hard to fix, but be very careful with all the motor ribbons and connectors. Watch a few videos on how to take them apart until you are comfortable with it. The connectors have a black or grey latch that you hinge to open/close.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing