DJI Phantom 2 will not power up

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been using my new Phantom 2 for a couple of months now and have had no dramas. I struck an issue today. I had flown it for around 5mins with no problem then brought it down and turned it off to change spots. When I went to start it up again the battery pack didn't seem to want to power up the phantom. The battery flashed in a similar fashion to what it usually does when turning on but no lights or even and beep on the drone itself. I've tried to connect to my Phantom Assistant on my desktop but obviously because it cannot power up the computer doesn't recognise it. I've taken the top half off as well to see if there is any visible connection issue but nothing stands out.

I don't own a secondary battery to test it on but to me it the problem doesn't seem to be with the battery.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Gaschy said:
Hi All,

I've been using my new Phantom 2 for a couple of months now and have had no dramas. I struck an issue today. I had flown it for around 5mins with no problem then brought it down and turned it off to change spots. When I went to start it up again the battery pack didn't seem to want to power up the phantom. The battery flashed in a similar fashion to what it usually does when turning on but no lights or even and beep on the drone itself. I've tried to connect to my Phantom Assistant on my desktop but obviously because it cannot power up the computer doesn't recognise it. I've taken the top half off as well to see if there is any visible connection issue but nothing stands out.

I don't own a secondary battery to test it on but to me it the problem doesn't seem to be with the battery.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Do you happen to own a VOM? (Volt, Ohm, Meter). It would be interesting to know what it read on the meter. You can get one at Harbour Freight or Walmart rather cheap.

Edit: Please excuse me! Welcome to the forum!! There are a great bunch of guys and gals here!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl