DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant on Phantom 2 nonvision?

Reaction score
Guys,

Just curious. Are they compatible? Everytime I go to the downloads page for Phantom 2 and download the Assistant, It is always for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision assistant. Is there an issue running the Phantom 2 vision assistant on a plain ol Phantom 2? Are the default gains different since the program seems to be for a Phantom 2 Vision?

Guys,

Just curious. Are they compatible? Everytime I go to the downloads page for Phantom 2 and download the Assistant, It is always for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision assistant. Is there an issue running the Phantom 2 vision assistant on a plain ol Phantom 2? Are the default gains different since the program seems to be for a Phantom 2 Vision?

Here's the download page for the P2 non vision http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download. I would suggest that you download v3.6 assistant software, RC assistant v1.2 and the DJI windows drive if your on a PC.

You have to download the windows drive into the P2 before the P2 assistant software will work.

No the P2 vision assistant is not the same.

Here's the download page for the P2 non vision http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download. I would suggest that you download v3.6 assistant software, RC assistant v1.2 and the DJI windows drive if your on a PC.

You have to download the windows drive into the P2 before the P2 assistant software will work.

Again, The downloads on that are for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant

upload_2015-5-6_16-46-40.png

upload_2015-5-6_16-47-5.png

Guess the question should be do you own Phantom 2 vision+ or a Phantom 2 NON VISION??? Because if it is a non vision In the upper left corner in BIG RED LETTERS it will say PHANTOM 2 in the download page

Last edited:
Ok...i've got a non vision Phantom 2...the download for Assistant for Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 non vision are exactly the same..

Ok...i've got a non vision Phantom 2...the download for Assistant for Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 non vision are exactly the same..

The non vision vs vision+ are not the same. P2 NV frequency is 2.4Ghz whereas the P2 vision+ frequency 5.8Ghz plus there is a wifi unit inside the shell. Maybe if you read the release notes for both you'll be enlightened.

The non vision vs vision+ are not the same. P2 NV frequency is 2.4Ghz whereas the P2 vision+ frequency 5.8Ghz plus there is a wifi unit inside the shell. Maybe if you read the release notes for both you'll be enlightened.

Dude I can't tell if your joking or not. I'm talking about the assistant software. Can you read? Both pages lead to the same installation

The assistant software on the Phantom 2 vision page...and the Phantom 2 non vision are the same program...they are both for vision...how else can I explain this..

Dude I can't tell if your joking or not. I'm talking about the assistant software. Can you read? Both pages lead to the same installation

The assistant software on the Phantom 2 vision page...and the Phantom 2 non vision are the same program...they are both for vision...how else can I explain this..

Since you know more and are determine to do thing your way fine but you may have trouble in getting help in the future.

Seems like a bit of confusion here, semantics???

I have a P2NV, the desktop shortcut for the P2 Assistant I use is labeled: "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.2".
(yes, I'm 'parked' on f/w 3.06)

Why the need for different Assistants at the executable level?

If necessary the pgm. can get the model/version upon connection and make any changes or adjustments which might be necessary.

I would assume there is a difference between the two because of the different frequencies and equipment on board the P2NV vs Vision/vision+. I could be wrong.

Can someone tell me if i wasted good money. So i have a dji phantom 2 no camera bought it very good price and it flys great. Now for the upgrade i bought a dji camera the cam i have is white with micro usb and it tilts but didnt know that theres a plug?and my phantom doesn't have that cord anywhere i can see so what do i do now will this camera work for my drone

Can someone tell me if i wasted good money. So i have a dji phantom 2 no camera bought it very good price and it flys great. Now for the upgrade i bought a dji camera the cam i have is white with micro usb and it tilts but didnt know that theres a plug?and my phantom doesn't have that cord anywhere i can see so what do i do now will this camera work for my drone

If you indeed bought Phantom 2 non vision then the camera you purchased is for a Phantom 2 Vision and is not compatible. A zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and hero4 black camera would cost you around $870 the another $275 - $350 for the FPV setup.

If you indeed bought Phantom 2 non vision then the camera you purchased is for a Phantom 2 Vision and is not compatible. A zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and hero4 black camera would cost you around $870 the another $275 - $350 for the FPV setup.

What happens if I get the plug for the camera ebay sells it in a pack bought 13 bucks and my dji have 4 wires coming down from it video 2 grounds and power and the dji camera has the same colored wires but only uses 3 and this plug slot which the pack has the plug with it if I hooked them up wouldn't that make a non dji phantom 2 be capable of using a camera instead of going the go pro route or fpv

What happens if I get the plug for the camera ebay sells it in a pack bought 13 bucks and my dji have 4 wires coming down from it video 2 grounds and power and the dji camera has the same colored wires but only uses 3 and this plug slot which the pack has the plug with it if I hooked them up wouldn't that make a non dji phantom 2 be capable of using a camera instead of going the go pro route or fpv

This would be a break for dji phantoms that are non visions to be capable of using cameras because dji didn't say unless in fine print that dji phantoms that are non vision cannot will not be able to use a dji camera on board even tho that made them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic