DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 3.8 not connecting

Reaction score
Ok, so I am trying to set the Altitude and Distance Limits for my P2V+ using the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 3.8 on my Mac. I keep getting the message "Please Connect to Controller". I've tried connecting to the Phantom and to the RC Controller but I am unable to change these settings. Keep getting that same message. I thought the DJI Assistant was for the Phantom and the RC app was for the Controller. I've made sure everything is powered on and connected thru wifi. What am I doing wrong? It used to work, but now my max settings show 20ft altitude and 66 ft radius... unable to connect or change... weird!

Try a different cord,
Sounds like craft is not connecting to Pc.
Maybe a bad cable?
( some cables are for charging ONLY, while others are charging & DATA )
( you NEED charger & DATA cord )

If not try to reinstall the dji DRIVER software on your Mac.

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

Ps: yes
( Pc ) Assistant is for craft
RC assistant is for transmitter
But driver is for both ( allows communication from laptop to craft/RC )

OMG, it was the Micro USB cord! Thank You!!

While I have your attention, does the RC Controller lose connection when Altitude Limit is reached? I hit 400 feet and got the message "RC Control Lost" simultaneous to "Altitude Limit Reached" or something like that.

That I'm now t sure about?
But does not seem right? Should just stop ascending when height is achieved, with a max height reached warning.
Try tuning your antennas a bit for better range.
Maybe another member can clarify?

J Dot
:cool:

Yea, it seems very directional. Mostly have trouble when Phantom is directly above. I just flew it again and had another RC drop out for a few seconds at lower altitude. Wifi reception seems ok. I recently did the antenna mod with the 7" TP-Link 5 dbi antenna's. I did both wifi and RC antennas. Didn't really notice this before the mod. Maybe I should have left well enough alone but so many others have done the antenna mod with great success. Anyway the antenna is probably a topic for another thread or different forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic