Dji P4 seems more Firmware than Flight oriented???

Reaction score
Basically I like flying RC aircrafts but with the advent of expensive Drones that boast of fantastic aerial photography, I finally got my hands on a "supposedly very stable" Dji P4.

I live in a no fly-zone vicinity whereby the boundary of the radius ends just a short distance outside of our residence such that I can walk on foot to get to that point and try to test fly my P4. Earlier test flights were done "uneventfully" indoor in P-mode or A-mode depending on obstacles in front of the P4.

My outdoor test flights meant having to go a few more meters outside the NFZ boundary in order for DJi Go 4 app. to permit P4 takeoff.

All went well until I decided to move a bit nearer to the NFZ boundary which btw isn't indicated on the camera view map. Why the app. permitted takeoff as I may have already unknowingly crossed the boundary may have been due to low gps signals. Flight record did reveal such when I reviewed it later on. When gps signals came back stronger the P4 suddenly started moving backwards without responding (again, Flight record did reveal my forward inputs), to my control stick inputs to go forward. I also tried throttling down to immediately land but also got no response on the P4. Fortunately I was just hovering only at about less than half a meter above the ground and tripped on an elevated sidewalk that got the onboard battery ejected so nothing other than my ego was shaken upon the not so gentle landing.

What doesn't make sense is, why such would be the response of an "expensive" P4 under the "given" situation. Shouldn't the Dji software guys be more "Flight Oriented" so that taking all considerations like altitude and distance of P4 to Home Pt. they could simply just make the firmware/software command the P4 (which doesn't have the P4pros 360degree vision) to hover and possibly land instead of flying backwards without accepting any stick response.

Thanks,
Andy
09251a9294ef61a1f0f671817e71583d.jpg

Thanks, but can you kindly guide me on how I can post the specific flight record log here. Honestly, I couldn't find how or I just simply don't know how.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31