Dji P3s with Different RC and Gimbal Assembly

Did you replace the ribbon with oem DJI? Aftermarket can cause connection problems.

Any chance the antennas, in the legs, were damaged? No way to ‘talk’? Sometimes they come with the legs when purchased.

Thanks for the input, Capt KO. Antennas are ok. No sign of breakage, scrape or something. What else could be the culprit why this set doesn’t work? Thanks!

Did you replace the ribbon with oem DJI? Aftermarket can cause connection problems.

Ribbon cable? You mean the flex cable from the Gimbal? I don’t have an idea. I bought the gimbal complete. Just a plug and play thing. I’m not sure if the previous owner had it change with aftermarket cable.

Ok, here’s an update... I was able to bind the RC to the AC of my Frankenatein P3s. How? I found out that I have a faulty Gimbal mainboard. I borrowed my friend’s P3s to test it’s gimbal if it will work on my “Frankenstein” P3s... and Alas! After doing the linking method it binded in just a few secs. And when i removed the gimbal to place it back to its rightful owner... the connection between the RC and AC never lost. And that’s how I did it. Though i don’t have any live feed and telemetry (for now) because of the faulty gimbal... i can now fly this bird. And now my next mission is to find a good working mainboard for the gimbal...
Sure is hard to deal with used components. To be continued... Lol.

Ok....So how do we make them talk? I’m sure that the connection between the two is ok since there are activities going on everytime i try to install a FW (but evertime i try, it fails). While holding the link button, power ON the AC, and not releasing until you hear the D-D sound on the gimbal which is an indication that the upgrade/downgrade has started. At this point the led light flashes red and green alternatively on the gimbal and the led lights on the AC shows some progress on how the FW is being installed. So somehow, they are communicating, right?

Try going into your phone or tablet tot he wifi page. It will show different devices. This P3s should show up and request a password. Type in 123123 & it should make all the necessary connections to the camera. (it might be 12341234) Try both.

Reactions: Jahpeyks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj