DJI P3s Slow Yaw mod switches! ( P2, P2v, P2v+ also avail )

Reaction score
Hello again,
J Dot here, back by popular demand, I have a few switches avail, these are built for the Phantom 3 Standards, ( won't fit the advanced or pro yet )
I also have very limited number of ( P2, P2v, or P2v+ ) avail. Please ask.

I use lighted LED Switches by NKK, top of the line, I use 1% metal resistors, real molex connectors OEM, I even use high quality Remington wire, i build each switch one at a time, reinforce the ends for rigidity, and test each switch one at a time for quality, durability, and functionality!
I have 3 colors avail:
1) Red LED light
2) Green LED light
3) Yellow LED light

I built these especially for the P3S, thanks to @dirkclod for his testing and input, per his request, I made these long enough to mount in several locations on Tx ( to compensate for different Tx mods ie: inspire mount, ect. )

Here are some pictures:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

These Switches are PLUG -N-PLAY, No cutting, No soldering, only drill a 1/4" mounting hole, plug it in, have fun.

These use ( 10k ohm resistors ) to slow the speed to approx 1/3 normal speed, for slow, smooth, stable POI shots and video.

I'm selling them for $50 each
FREE SHIPPING USA ONLY, International pays shipping
( usually $10-15 US )
I ship priority w/ confirmation.
( please contact me if you need more than one, as I'll give you a price break for multiple item purchases.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, as several members here have and use these switches, I'm sure they can chime in on the quality and functionality of them.

Thanks for your time
You can send me a pm, or email me here ( [email protected] )
Just let me know which model phantom you fly, and color of choice.

( note: only have 1 RED in stock )
4x Green in stock
Plenty of Yellow
( they messed up my order, and sent no reds, and extra yellows? )
Should have red avail by Monday next week, as well as more greens.

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Is no doubt they work great and have one on both of my TX's .
If these price's keep dropping ya be making one for the 4k ;)

Reactions: J Dot
Is it possible to make one of these using a potentiometer instead of a on/off switch so the yaw rate could be fine tuned?

I was just thinking it would be nice to have the ability to dial in the desired yaw speed with the pot. Having variable resistance would allow full stick throw to be slow, fast or anywhere in-between as opposed to a simple "off" or "on" option.

I see what ya saying and sure Jerry can make you whatever you want .
I just use the stick to hold it where I want the speed .
Less for my simple mind to deal with :)

Is it possible to make one of these using a potentiometer instead of a on/off switch so the yaw rate could be fine tuned?

Hello Slopenutz,
I've been researching your idea, but here is the problem, the variable resistors ( only harness one lead ), we need to restrict 2. Hence ( DPDT ) Double pole, double throw switch, as it has 2 poles ( and both poles throw at same time ( make contact ))
So I use pole #1 for lead one ( yellow yaw wire ), and pole #2 for lead 2 ( black yaw wire ), as both need to be reduced ( identically ) that is why I use MATCHED resistors 1% variance. With a potentiometer, or variable resistor, you'd need 2 of them, and if they aren't set the same, one direction will be faster than the other! I'm still looking into if they have a double pole variable resistor/potentiometer? No luck yet!

I won't give up until I get a rock solid answer ( yes/no ) lol.

Thanks for the reply!

Like Dirk said above ( your sticks are actually potentiometers themselves, if you give it little input the craft moves slowly, greater input, craft moves faster, ect.
So with this switch on, and tiny yaw inputs, the craft can move so slow, you hardly see it moving at all!
Like anything else, practice, Practice, PRACTICE! Lol

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
I installed the yaw switch a few days ago on my P3 Standard transmitter and although I haven't used it for an extended length of time, it does work good.

It will take some getting time to get the feel for it, but I can see it will be handy. I have been using the POI function since I either would yaw too fast or slow and never the same speed. That worked ok, but if it is windy the quad will slow down and when the wind would die down it would speed up ever so little but noticeable.

I will continue to test it and report back.

Thanks J Dot for your effort in making these for us.

Tele

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
Reactions: telescott and J Dot
Thank You,
And you are more than welcome!
It is funny,
I was cleaning out my work area ( lab ) and I came across my first switch, I ever built! Pretty comical, a $2 switch ( crappy ), 2 resistors ( crappy ones ), and 4 wires, you had to cut and solder your leads to it! Then version 2 was plug n play ( all white wired not color coded ) , then version 3 color coded wires, high quality resistors, heavier wire,lighted LED switch, then version 4, all high quality parts, reinforced connector ends, then finally version 5, longer for more mounting options, color coded everything ( including shrink tube ) better soldering station ( more precise solder joints ) , better crimping plyers ( nicer/stronger connection end crimps ) added hidden signature, best quality parts, now avail for Phantom STANDARD series as well. So they have come a LONG WAY!

These switches fit:
P1
P2
Fc40
P2v
P2v+
&
P3s ( standard ) crafts.
( p3a, and P3p researching now, maybe soon to come? )

I'll post some pictures of the various versions, if I have all 5? I think I'm missing version 2, I know I have 1,3,4,5...... I'll post tomorrow, as it is late, and I get up 4:30am for work everyday. Beauty sleep needed!
Lol

J Dot

I would like to see some of you guy's/gal's slow yaw vids! Dirk has some sweet ones! I have a few. Need to get some new footage, as weather, work, building switches, building gimbal plug-n-play wiring kits, keep me busy, not much time to fly lately, but this weekend for SURE!

Take care, Fly safe!
:cool:

Yep,
Lol, I was wondering when our old friend was gonna pop his head out, and put me in check!:rolleyes:

Lol,
Still makes me laugh!

J

Yep,
Lol, I was wondering when our old friend was gonna pop his head out, and put me in check!:rolleyes:

Lol,
Still makes me laugh!

J
:)

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4