DJI P3S disconnect anomoly

Might sound a bit extreme, but turning the RC off completely will ensure that RTH gets triggered (of course, assuming the AC is configured to RTH on signal loss). So if you get confused and don't know whether your RTH command went through or not, just turn off the RC and turn it back on when the AC is in range, so you can regain control if you want.

I had a slightly tense disconnect today. It RTH all the way in on it’s own. Normally I regain control before it gets all the way home. The home point it was landing at was about 8 feet off from where it was supposed to be. I had to scramble and hand catch before she landed on a bush. I’m not sure why my connection was so poor today. I don’t normally have that problem unless I’m out further and then I’m expecting it. Spooked me.

regardless if the app crashes, or the RC loses signal to the AC, the Return to home is set to make it come back, i have tested this in line of sight by closing the app then turning off the remote control, bird came right back within 20 feet of where it took off. Still it is scary knowing your 500+ $ aircraft is somewhere and may come back if it feels like it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl