DJI North America Warranty Service duration..

Reaction score
Quick question, has anyone had their Phantom 2 sent for warranty repair/exchange and got a quick turn around? Was it repaired only? Exchanged with a new one? Did their repairs (if applicable) work? Thinking of sending mine for a repair / exchange.

Do they fix it in America or do they have to send it back to DJI in China?

Thanks

I didn't have a phantom repaired but I've had a gimbal repair and it took 3 full months. They ended up replacing the gimbal free of charge with a brand new one.

Everything I have read when dealing with DJI takes some time .
What's the problem maybe someone here can help ?

Wow 3 months? Thats long. Already tried every possible solution so this is my last option. Hope mine doesn't take that long.

I have sent mine in twice for the motors turning off in air causing the P2 to fall. The first time I sent it in it took about 7 weeks from the time I sent it to the time I got it back (also keep in mind I am in CA and DJI is about an hour up the freeway). They just did repairs to it and with no surprise it was not fixed (on first flight it did it again). Then I called in demanding a replacement and was pissed. That time I sent it back in and they gave me a elevated status return and it was a 6 day turn around ;), so that was not bad, but you will only get that turn around if you have an elevated return.

shartlza said:
I have sent mine in twice for the motors turning off in air causing the P2 to fall. The first time I sent it in it took about 7 weeks from the time I sent it to the time I got it back (also keep in mind I am in CA and DJI is about an hour up the freeway). They just did repairs to it and with no surprise it was not fixed (on first flight it did it again). Then I called in demanding a replacement and was pissed. That time I sent it back in and they gave me a elevated status return and it was a 6 day turn around ;), so that was not bad, but you will only get that turn around if you have an elevated return.

Did they send you a brand new replacement? They probably tested it before returning right?

I submitted a faulty battery to them, and recently got it back.

EXCLUDING emails/phone prior to shipping out, from the day I shipped it to the day I received it took 10-11 weeks.

ThePhantom said:
shartlza said:

Did they send you a brand new replacement? They probably tested it before returning right?
Well the second one they sent back they said was new, but in all honesty it looked to be a refurbished one. I knew it was not my old craft refurbished because i strategically placed markings in different area through out the craft to make sure when i got it back i did not see any marks. ;) They only replaced the craft though. I was going to call and complain that it did not look new and looked refurbished, but it was not worth my time or money. So far no issues after a month, knock on wood.

shartlza said:
ThePhantom said:
shartlza said:

Well the second one they sent back they said was new, but in all honesty it looked to be a refurbished one. I knew it was not my old craft refurbished because i strategically placed markings in different area through out the craft to make sure when i got it back i did not see any marks. ;) They only replaced the craft though. I was going to call and complain that it did not look new and looked refurbished, but it was not worth my time or money. So far no issues after a month, knock on wood.

Well, its on its way now. I'll see how long till I get it back. What sucks is that my FPV setup just arrived in the mail and the Phantom just left the postal office :lol:

Buy off a dealer rather than from the dji website. If you need any repairs, its a 1 week turn around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl