DJI motor cables

Hi everybody
I'm half way through a Phantom to Mavic conversion, but when I've tried to solder the cables to the extension leads, the solder just will not stick. Just what do DJI put on the leads to stop anybody soldering to them? More to the point how can I get these cables soldered? I'm pretty good at soldering, but this has got me well and truly stumped. I'm using leaded solder and a variable power iron, but the cables refuse to stick. Any body got a clue?
Here's hoping somebody can come up with something.

Thanks everybody

John
I was having the same issue when doing my conversion, it was driving me knots. I did what someone already suggested, I used a exacto knife to scrape the lacquer on the wire. Word of caution, when you are ready to close the shell. The sd card extension can be damaged easily, make sure you pay attention to this. I have put together 5 phanvics and damaged two extensions in
Well, finally got the cables soldered!!!!!!!!!!
Used a collection of Dremel sanding discs to rub the crap off them, then twisted them together (tightly), then lots of flux, then really really hot iron with good quality solder, and lo and behold...........they stuck, no movement and seems to be well and truly soldered.
Topped off with some of HobbKings shrink tubing and should be good to go.
Took me two hours and a bit and three mugs of tea, but it's done now.
Next step, get the rest of the cable off the main board.
That's got to wait until tomorrow, the Liverpool match is on tonight, so no distractions.

John
My son's team is Chesley. ?

I was having the same issue when doing my conversion, it was driving me knots. I did what someone already suggested, I used a exacto knife to scrape the lacquer on the wire. Word of caution, when you are ready to close the shell. The sd card extension can be damaged easily, make sure you pay attention to this. I have put together 5 phanvics and damaged two extensions in

My son's team is Chesley. ?

Keep me updated on your progress
Hi everybody
I'm half way through a Phantom to Mavic conversion, but when I've tried to solder the cables to the extension leads, the solder just will not stick. Just what do DJI put on the leads to stop anybody soldering to them? More to the point how can I get these cables soldered? I'm pretty good at soldering, but this has got me well and truly stumped. I'm using leaded solder and a variable power iron, but the cables refuse to stick. Any body got a clue?

Thanks everybody

John

Hi everybody

Thanks everybody

John
Keep me updated with your progress

I was having the same issue when doing my conversion, it was driving me knots. I did what someone already suggested, I used a exacto knife to scrape the lacquer on the wire. Word of caution, when you are ready to close the shell. The sd card extension can be damaged easily, make sure you pay attention to this. I have put together 5 phanvics and damaged two extensions in the process. Anyone else having issues or problems with the mod send me a message

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119