diagnostic help

Reaction score
I stuck my P4P in a tree where it lived for two days while I worked to get it down. It's descent/landing from said tree was rough but not terrible.
On impact the battery popped out, but no other damage was apparent. No cracks in the body. Props are undamaged. When powered up, got an esc/motor chirp for one side. disassembly revealed the magnet ring on the leads for the GPS was broken and rattling around in the body. Everything else seemed to be intact. Ribbon cables appear undamaged.
I replaced the GPS unit, one motor, and the RH esc. Still getting the same esc/motor chirp, and there is no illumination of the location LEDs under the motors. Rather than shotgun some more parts at the thing, I'm wondering if anyone has some idea of what I might check, some testing procedures, or diagnostic information I might have a look at to determine what to replace. Thanks a bunch.

I stuck my P4P in a tree where it lived for two days while I worked to get it down. It's descent/landing from said tree was rough but not terrible.
On impact the battery popped out, but no other damage was apparent. No cracks in the body. Props are undamaged. When powered up, got an esc/motor chirp for one side. disassembly revealed the magnet ring on the leads for the GPS was broken and rattling around in the body. Everything else seemed to be intact. Ribbon cables appear undamaged.
I replaced the GPS unit, one motor, and the RH esc. Still getting the same esc/motor chirp, and there is no illumination of the location LEDs under the motors. Rather than shotgun some more parts at the thing, I'm wondering if anyone has some idea of what I might check, some testing procedures, or diagnostic information I might have a look at to determine what to replace. Thanks a bunch.
Nevermind - had a closer look at things and found a partially torn ribbon cable from the main controller board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31