DJI may have a REAL problem on their hands

gfredrone said:
I think what is needed/wanted is a USA/western HQ'd company with typical USA/western QC procedures and customer service in place. Yes the birds will still be made in some 3rd world sweatshop but the customer service, QC/QA, would be superior imo.

What are the included camera specs on the Walkera? Does $1,899 include a 3-axis gimbal?

Camera included: http://walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2611
Gimbal included: http://walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2615

I would fully expect to have to replace the camera, and that's what I plan to do when the Hero4 arrives, but you have no option but to take the iLook with the RTF version, and I think it only adds about $100 to the total. The gimbal seems good as viewed in a recent video posted in RCgroups, but may need firmer absorbsion mounts, which I believe are interchangeable with the DJI mounts. The gimbal will accept a GoPro, but then you lose the built in VTX and will have to use something external.

Have yo had a go yet varmint ???

First impressions ??

:D

midwestjeff said:
I have one out for Delivery today! So I will be def be letting you guys know how it compares!

Awesome Jeff. Please do see if you can get a sense if VTX range. Some have said 1500m, but I don't see how that's possible with the 200mw TX in the camera and omni antennas. I'm expecting something closer to 500 stock.

The Tali sure does look nice, but in reality it's 2 more motors on top of stolen technology and ideas from DJI. And $2000.00? I don't know, if it has zero fly away issues and can go long distances I just might buy one. Sure would like a hard case though.

JWarren said:
The Tali sure does look nice, but in reality it's 2 more motors on top of stolen technology and ideas from DJI. And $2000.00? I don't know, if it has zero fly away issues and can go long distances I just might buy one. Sure would like a hard case though.

Stolen technology? You bet! I was almost laughing putting this thing together. The props are identical! They work on the Phantom and vice versa!

midwestjeff said:
Here is a quick side by side comparison video of the New Tali vs Phantom 2 vision+ and a look at the remote!

**** that bird looks sweet & menacing! :cool:

The integrated pop-up sun shield is cool. So the side levers let you tilt vertically on one, and horizontally on the other? Is the screen a touch screen?

midwestjeff said:
Here is a quick side by side comparison video of the New Tali vs Phantom 2 vision+ and a look at the remote!

http://vimeo.com/101981585

Jeezus that's pretty... and that sound... mmmhhhmmmmm...
dammit... my wife is gonna give me the silent treatment for a month if I do this...

Hmmmm... Two birds with one stone :shock:

Dirty Bird said:
So the side levers let you tilt vertically on one, and horizontally on the other? Is the screen a touch screen?

So DJI... are you paying attention? If you could make the one lever we do have function properly ... that'd be great :|

Carbon Black version with some air time and camera views from "diydrone"

Posted 16 hours ago

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQHQfrum6QM[/youtube]

OK, so here's a really new unboxing and review video of the Walkeria TaliH500:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9BSnlFGzCw[/youtube]

The bird looks and sounds good and I think many are keeping an eye on this, I know I am. Doesn't this guy look like the guy who was charged with flying his copter too close to the medical facility in the USA?

Anyway, it's a pretty good review, FWIW.

I don't know. You give up quite a bit of control over the camera. Even basic functions such as video vs stills have to be selected on the ground. No changing camera settings in the air. I do that fairly frequently. Not even sure you can start or stop the video. It is a sweet looking aircraft though, I have to admit. At this point, though I think I'll wait for the next competitive jump from DJI. JMO

Awww nooo dont tell me that Walkera dont supply rubber bands with it ??......tshshhhh !!

:shock:

What a faff to charge the battery ! You certainly get your moneys worth of cables in it lol.....it was like xmas that unboxing !!

DCGOO said:
I don't know. You give up quite a bit of control over the camera. Even basic functions such as video vs stills have to be selected on the ground. No changing camera settings in the air. I do that fairly frequently. Not even sure you can start or stop the video. It is a sweet looking aircraft though, I have to admit. At this point, though I think I'll wait for the next competitive jump from DJI. JMO

The only camera setting you give up is stills vs video, which must be set prior to flight, and that's vs a P2V. The camera settings you GAIN, are having exquisite ergonomic control over both pitch and roll right on the controller. Video or stills may be toggled in flight by the controller as well, so you lose nothing there. A little reading goes a long way.

The 5.8ghz video down link is strong and clear, much more so than I was ever able to achieve with my Phantom in my urban area. So far I'm very impressed, and I think there's no question Walkera has raised the bar for DJI considerably. That can't be a bad thing, as DJI will simply have to respond by improving their own products.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl