DJI Latest Update

Updates in general have good intentions/results. However, in the case of drones which are new in society with major ramifications and hastily enacted regulations resulting from idiot actions there are performance (freedom) issues not thoroughly thought through. What I'm concerned with is not being shut down in situations that I'm perfectly capable of handling responsibly. Software re-writes of previously faulty code is not what is the center of concern here. Being able to fly un-impeded is.

I hear you Grammaton. With the new flight restrictions imposed by DJI with the latest updates, it is a concern. The problem is, if you shut off all updates, how are you going to know if an update is really useful or not?
I have to believe that DJI has the future of all drone flyers in mind when they impose these flight restrictions. Most of them seem to make sense. Lets face it, some people will do stupid things causing undo criticism to our hobby. I applaud DJI for taking a proactive stand.

Would like to see all posts referring to updates include the date. I have seen some updates that were 3 firmware's ago, so were not relevant to the current one. ;)

Having owned a computer company, building maintaining computers of all types, network, internet and other IT work too. I have dealt with updates for a long time. Most were good, a few were problematic, but without them, the computers would not run effectively.
I understand that at times this can be a pain. But without updates, you are doomed to suffer the bugs and problems they are released to fix.
It is your craft, do as you please. But, if you trash the OS on the drone, it will have to go back to DJI to fix it anyway and you will end up with the latest updates when it returns.

Grammaton, that's why I always wait to apply the DJI firmware updates. Reading the forums is informative, I waited a few months before I installed the latest one.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Had my P3P for almost 2 years and never had an issue updating until yesterday. Turns out all I needed to do was repair the RC to the bird.

After latest update I went in to check my settings and RTH and Max Height were both cleared and set to 0. I rechecked this morning after resetting them and all is good. Just a word of caution...always check these before taking off.

I always update both firmware and software. The issue is to assure all software and firmware are at the latest level. Updates in software fix many types of issues ... reliability, function, speed of processing and more. I can’t tell you how many updates it took to get ALL the Intelligent Flight Modes to work ... but, at last, on my Moverio BT-300, all now work.

What's the latest firmware version for the P4P -- what's the date it was released? I know I could fire up Assistant 2 and check but the last time I tried to use Assistant 2 it would not permit a firmware update -- yes, the Assistant 2 version was up to date.

Brian

16D1D050-69A0-44CC-8A76-ADF721ADB46D.png
63DCFC94-0453-4E37-9613-BCD35AF24C04.png
What's the latest firmware version for the P4P -- what's the date it was released? I know I could fire up Assistant 2 and check but the last time I tried to use Assistant 2 it would not permit a firmware update -- yes, the Assistant 2 version was up to date.

Brian
I go on the DJI.com site to get a complete listing of current software and firmware and then assure that P4P drone firmware, P4P RC firmware, DJI GO 4 App for iPhone, DJI Assistant 2, and Epson Moverio BT-300 DJI GO 4 App are all in sync (e.g. current level). See above. Unfortunately, Attention to detail is critical in this process.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT