DJI Latest Update

Reaction score
Just updated the Go App this morning and in my photo setup I lost all my options except for single shot photo's only?? I guess that is all that DJI allows now on P4P after the update.

Unsure, as I don't update anymore....
Try uninstalling, DELETING manually any remaining dji files (Look for all of them), reboot, re-install apk.
Or
Try previous version again:

DJI GO Version History (dji.pilot) - APK4Fun

I finally got the app to update correctly after a few re-boots with the rc, bird and Ipad. Im good now.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I don't update unless it makes me or until I check this forum to see if anyone is having problems. DJI Updates...Once bitten, twice shy. If my bird is flying in the way I want it to; I don't mess with it.
Riverside/San Bernardino on the right track....

Reactions: JetLife
1506274636492.jpg

Strange, I have not had a single issue with updates and have the latest of everything. Wonder what the difference is?

This is usually the case.. People don't post that they've updated with no problems. Imho if you take your time and follow the same routine each time and don't cancel out of the update process it goes very smoothly.

I have never had a problem with software updates. I have had my 4 Pro+ for a year. I also belong to a Can Am Spyder group and I have learned that the only people on there that post are the few having problems. The vast majority are too busy enjoying their ride to waste time posting.

Same here. Never had a problem with updates. I find the red banner that pops up bugging you to update annoying so I update right away. If you had a Spark, you would be grounded if you didn't update.

FORCED updates = Nose rings..... Do what the boss says or else... (Laughs at the nonsense).

Last edited:
Reactions: Newbieguy
Answer= read the release notes, if you don't see how an update improves your flying experience do you need to blindly follow the demand? Root your device, block update requests and enjoy what you bought it for. As far as I'm concerned at least with my platform any further "updates" will not be beneficial.

Nose rings? What??? Are you saying everybody should root their device so they don't get prompted to install an update that they need? Once again I'll refer back to the Spark. It would be grounded if you didn't update. Do you think DJI would intentionally piss off it's customer base by issuing an update that took some functionality away and didn't replace it with something better or caused our quads to go haywire in flight and find the nearest tree?

I did the latest update a couple days ago, both the DJI IOS app and the firmware on my P3Pro and had no issues. BUT, last year a forced update bricked my P2 Vision Plus, DJI actually sent me a replacement for free.

You may be new to updates.... Some are needed, some are not. The updates in question in this era are of the latter..

Sorry Grammaton. That last post of mine was a bit harsh. I've been repairing and rebuilding DJI quads for a little while now, an offshoot of my computer building and repair. I just believe that not updated at all has more potential downsides than updating all the time.

Clockman, I agree with you. I'm retired now, but in my last 20 years in corporate America I was an IT director of an Infrastructure group for a Fortune 500 company and learned that updating electronic hardware is for the most part important. This last update for my P3Pro was done only after the forums were showing positive results and it worked flawlessly. Updating electronics of any type is always the way to go and can save your bird in the long run.

Reactions: Russ43Phantom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj