DJI Innovation's Corporate Make-up?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how DJI is corporately structured? Like, is the parent company publicly traded; if so, what is the stock symbol?

Is the U.S. subsidiary publicly traded? If so, what is their stock symbol? If not, are they planning to go public?

I'm interested because I think this company is going to be a real winner- and I would be keen on putting some money into that assumption.

O.K. what role does Colin Guinn have in the DJI organization? Is he a shareholder or an employee?

Do you think he speaks Mandarin?

Tyrohne said:
Well, since you won't call Colin, a few minutes googling and here's what I got:

DaiJang Innovation Technology Co, Ltd is a privately held Shenzen based organization. They are not traded on the HKEX. The job listings they have on their US site are written in good, but still foreign, English so I assume they are not hiring in the US.

My suspicion is that Colin and a few other folks in the US are nothing more than titular 'executives' but really function as the sales and marketing arm of the real product marketing and development group in mainland China. I just sent him (Colin) a LinkedIn invite. I would also suspect the group in Austin is small (probably less than a dozen folks) and mostly handles dealer inquiries, dealer sales, marketing (videos, contests, trade events, and the like) and dealer support (returns, credits, exchanges, discounts, etc.).

I think your suspicions are correct. I sent my Phantom in to DJI "headquarters" in Austin 10/15 on a warranty fix. A few days later I received a reply that shipment was received and it was in queue to be worked by a technician. Several days later and several unanswered prompts later, I received an email today (10/28) stating my Phantom was second in the queue to be repaired.

So 2 weeks sitting at their office apparently just in line, so this got me thinking:

Either the Austin location is merely for show and sales with a few technicians sprinkled about for liability sake. Hell, there may only be 1 or 2 for all I know but the response on their side is definitely not prompt.

There's also the possibility that they just forward the Phantoms off to China once they arrive. Would explain why I they couldn't give me a status update for 2 weeks.

DJI makes a great product but their support isn't exactly stellar. Just my experience so far.

exo128 said:
Tyrohne said:
Well, since you won't call Colin, a few minutes googling and here's what I got:

DaiJang Innovation Technology Co, Ltd is a privately held Shenzen based organization. They are not traded on the HKEX. The job listings they have on their US site are written in good, but still foreign, English so I assume they are not hiring in the US.

My suspicion is that Colin and a few other folks in the US are nothing more than titular 'executives' but really function as the sales and marketing arm of the real product marketing and development group in mainland China. I just sent him (Colin) a LinkedIn invite. I would also suspect the group in Austin is small (probably less than a dozen folks) and mostly handles dealer inquiries, dealer sales, marketing (videos, contests, trade events, and the like) and dealer support (returns, credits, exchanges, discounts, etc.).

I think your suspicions are correct. I sent my Phantom in to DJI "headquarters" in Austin 10/15 on a warranty fix. A few days later I received a reply that shipment was received and it was in queue to be worked by a technician. Several days later and several unanswered prompts later, I received an email today (10/28) stating my Phantom was second in the queue to be repaired.

So 2 weeks sitting at their office apparently just in line, so this got me thinking:

Either the Austin location is merely for show and sales with a few technicians sprinkled about for liability sake. Hell, there may only be 1 or 2 for all I know but the response on their side is definitely not prompt.

There's also the possibility that they just forward the Phantoms off to China once they arrive. Would explain why I they couldn't give me a status update for 2 weeks.

DJI makes a great product but their support isn't exactly stellar. Just my experience so far.

DJI US 'Headquarters' is a crappy little suite in a small two story building squeezed in between a shell petrol station and a florist tucked behind a home interiors store! Not a very prestigious address and not a particularly nice area.
Colin 'slippery' Guinn is an ex mobile phone salesman who had an appearance in a reality TV show some years ago.
I think your suspicions are correct insomuch as the US are is nothing more than a US based PR/Marketing office where they wheel out Guinn for talkshows/trade shows/weddings and bar mitzvah's. Personally I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him and I certainly wouldn't buy a used car from him!
Anyhoo, Tao Wang is the real head of the company or CEO although I have not discovered whether there is an executive chairman anywhere in the makeup. I'm guessing Charles Cao is Slippery Guinn's boss as Senior International Business Development Manager.

This video answers answers a few of the pertinent staffing/facilities questions. One thing's for sure, the office is a lot nicer than just "a crappy little suite." But clearly there's no design and manufacturing going in there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9H3HpqQVA[/youtube]

ElGuano said:
This video answers answers a few of the pertinent staffing/facilities questions. One thing's for sure, the office is a lot nicer than just "a crappy little suite." But clearly there's no design and manufacturing going in there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9H3HpqQVA[/youtube]

It's still squeezed in between a Shell petrol station and a florist though :lol: with no road front identity. They have clearly taken the top floor and partitioned out the space with plywood and room dividers (probably from the Room Interior store next door :lol: )

Sorry - Not impressed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik