DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

After I did the upgrades I had video problems with my P2V+. The camera would take photos and record videos but I couldn't get any FPV video on my iPhone or Android tablets (in any preview quality). I ended up doing the firmware upgrades again then deleting and reinstalling the iOS and Android apps. For some reason that seemed to solve the problems. Anyone else have FPV video issues with iOS and/or Android?

Barnesville said:
I had to use the Assistant 3.2 software to upgrade each battery to v2.6 as the 3.4 version didn't provide the option to upgrade the battery.

Well, DJI did "it" again...

I just got this email from Limefuel

After some initial testing it seems that the latest battery firmware upgrade (V2.6) from DJI renders our L54P unusable. You will not be able to start/fly your DJI at all. If you upgrade/d to this latest firmware our battery will no longer work with the DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision+. We are looking into this matter and we hope to have a fix available as soon as possible and will keep you updated. If you want to continue using the L54P we suggest that you do not upgrade to the latest battery firmware (V2.6).

Barnesville said:
I had to use the Assistant 3.2 software to upgrade each battery to v2.6 as the 3.4 version didn't provide the option to upgrade the battery.
That's a nice bug again by DJI in version 3.4. Don't they do beta-testing?

I also have uninstalled version 3.2 prior to installing 3.4 and wondered about the missing battery update until I found the link back to 3.2 at a forum.

Regards, Gerd

Thanks for the tip on battery firmware upgrade. 3.2 worked a treat.

All I need now is some good weather to go test it all out [emoji97]

GerdS said:
Barnesville said:
That's a nice bug again by DJI in version 3.4. Don't they do beta-testing?

They don't have software configuration management, either.

DJI Innovations said:
a) Dynamic home point: when using a GPS-enabled mobile device and running the VISION app, the Home Point will automatically be reset to the location of the device every 2 seconds during flight.

Awesome... Follow-me with Phantom :) Got to try this - someone please put your v+ in the air, hit RTH and drive off... will it follow? I'll try it over the weekend. Pity our ski season just ended!

RichW said:

Battery firmware???? WTF am I missing now???

gunslinger said:
RichW said:

Battery firmware???? WTF am I missing now???
When I updated using 3.4 my battery firmware was still v2.0.0.

Using 3.2 assist it correctly tells you there is a v2.6 firmware battery update.

I'm on all genuine DJI batteries so wanted to get everything fully up to date. Not sure what its giving really yet as I can't for the life of me find any of those auto discharge options but at least the app now shows battery history instead of telling me its the wrong version :)

I didn't see a battery upgrade when I upgraded today. Did I miss something?

Thanks for heads up on battery upgrade. Did all three from 3.2 first, then installed assistant 3.4 and performed upgrade on all remaining hardware.

I was able to do two half battery flights prior to rain.

I also installed new props DJI 9450's thrust boost. Not sure which one helped more, but it was flying really well. The yaw drift was almost nonexistent. Turned real tight circles with no problem.

Also noticed that I can now fly full ATTI tilt and climb altitude at same time.

Has anyone noticed these improvements with stock pitched props on new firmware?

A note on software updates people.
A lot of software co's engage in what you might call progressive update rollouts, probably geographically based.
ie you can get the update from their website but checking for updates via the software says none available.
This is to prevent server overload when everyone tries to update at once.
Usually within a week your software will see the update(s) and be able to download them.

Also with some updates I like to wait a week or 2 to see what problems people have before I bite the bullet.
Experience :lol:

HacKiwi said:
DJI Innovations said:
a) Dynamic home point: when using a GPS-enabled mobile device and running the VISION app, the Home Point will automatically be reset to the location of the device every 2 seconds during flight.

Awesome... Follow-me with Phantom :) Got to try this - someone please put your v+ in the air, hit RTH and drive off... will it follow? I'll try it over the weekend. Pity our ski season just ended!

I tired this (just walking) but once you go to the failsafe (return to home) it locks the last position it has of you. I initiated the RTH then ran away and it didn't follow. I flicked the switch to GPS, then back to RTH and it found me again but it doesn't look like it's an active thing.

Even though it does not track, at least its looking at your location when RTH is activated.
I'm sure a lot of boat users are going to like this. It beats the alternative of periodically setting a new home point in flight;)

I don't have V+ so I'm just S.O.L. on this improvement. :(

Bister said:
I did the firmware upgrade on my phantom and it says there is also a battery upgrade, when I went to do it, it gives me a warning to turn the camera off before proceeding, so I exited. Anyone know about this? Not sure how to turn the camera off or what they mean exactly.

I had this posted elsewhere, but I was told to post it here and the other thread was locked. Sorry.

Blister, if your Phantom is the P2V+ then you can ignore this.

Are the new props an upgrade even if you don't get the new motors? If I have a P2 non-vision, it's the 2.4ghz version, right? I'll be getting the new controller just for the smoother camera tilt function. What can I put in the 4 AA battery spots that will be empty now that the new controller has rechargeables? :D

Geert said:
No issues with the new firmware so far.
The dynamic home point worked perfect.
In mid flight I changed the RTH altitude in the DJI app, this worked also fine.
But most of all I am very happy with the use of the 7th channel. :D

Geert./.

Does GPS need to be activated in the phone for the dynamic home point to work?
Does anything need to be changed in the phantom with wires for the 7th channel to work, or is it just to update firmware, and install 7th channel stick on remote controll and it works?

Anyone have more details on this part?

g) New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was stored for an extended period.
h) Battery cell damages detection feature added.
i) New battery cell balancing feature to extend battery life

singapore_phantom said:
Bister said:
I did the firmware upgrade on my phantom and it says there is also a battery upgrade, when I went to do it, it gives me a warning to turn the camera off before proceeding, so I exited. Anyone know about this? Not sure how to turn the camera off or what they mean exactly.

I had this posted elsewhere, but I was told to post it here and the other thread was locked. Sorry.

Blister, if your Phantom is the P2V+ then you can ignore this.

Thanks, I found that on another Forum, I updated my assisant software before doing my batteries, so I'll have to go backwards temporarily, but I'm sure they will patch it in a day or so, I'll probably wait a day or so. Getting winter here now anyway.

Looking forward to the dynamic home location, I have some uses for that, but I need a new phone first. I'm using an iPad right now, my phone is an iPhone 4 and just doesn't keep up.

PS. No "L" in Bister. lol

ado said:
Does GPS need to be activated in the phone for the dynamic home point to work?
Obviously ...
that's why DJI says ...Dynamic home point: when using a GPS-enabled mobile device and running the VISION app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers